cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Asteroid

S7 Camera not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Out of the blue my camera stopped working and all I get is the Camera failed message.  I have done every troubleshooting tip: clearing cache and data on camera and gallery, turn off smart stay, running in safe mode and wipe cache partition. 

I see numerous threads about this issue but no resolution.  Also getting the mesage that the flashlight is being used by another app.  Tried installing third party camera apps and they all say the camera is in use by another app.  This has to be a software issue.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S7 Camera not working

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend taking it to ubreakifix for analysis. 

View solution in original post

21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

While you are booted in safe mode, do you get the error?

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. Tried to open the camera in safe mode. Got the same error.

Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I would recommend taking it to ubreakifix for analysis. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

How much would that cost?

I think that this is more of a software issue and that too a very common one which started for most people this year. So, why does Samsung not release an update to fix this.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My wife and I are having the exact same problems. So is a friend of ours. This is a widespread problem. This has nothing to do with us breaking anything. I have taken it to a place that specializes in Samsung's. And they said they can't fix it. How do you fix this? I can't take pictures on my phone.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Glad to know I'm not alone but upset that there doesn't seem to be a solution.   Out of nowhere my camera stops working about a week ago.   Flashlight icon half lit up.  All the same error messages.  I have gone as far as backing up all my photos & factory resetting my phone & it still isn't working.   This has to be a Samsung software problem because there are no apps left on my phone.  Checked the camera as soon as it was booted back up....no dice.  Heading to Verizon tomorrow to see if they can help....if not, insurance  claim.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you find a solution at Verizon?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also having all the same issues above also and did all the fixes wiping caches safe boot modes etc  The camera sometime works andsome times doesnt also getting the flashlight being used by another app.  And today it started randomly shutting off an on. I turned a fan on it to make sure it was not overheating eve though I only used it to check a mesaage on my phone and had not used it for a couple of hours. I guess I will be filling a claim also all seems to be happening to several if not thousands of people. I just replaced my charger and cord that was defective also.  So over Samsung right now. !!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also followed the possible resolutions and nothing has worked.  The ubreakfixit store says they cannot fix the issue and have no assistance from Samsung. Please help Samsung reps