Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userI508okYBCC
Constellation

S7 Edge Battery goes from 100% to 0% up on unplugging

JUMP TO SOLUTION
My S7 Edge started dropping battery charge quickly about 2 weeks ago. At first, it would be at 66% to 67% and go into restart loop because the charge dropped to 7%. It would not actually boot. I could plug it back in and it would be fine until draining to 66% again and going into restart loop again. Now, it works fine while plugged in but will completely drain a couple of minutes after unplugging. I've tried everything suggested in the tips and troubleshooting section except a complete backup and reset. I've cleared the cache, booted in safe mode, tried all kinds of power settings, ran virus and system checks, deleted all apps installed right before and after this started, you name it. T-Mobile. Android 8.0.0. Samsung Experience 9.0. Knox 3.1. PLEASE HELP!
1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Samsung_vm2H7BP
Astronaut

You definitely need to get the battery replaced at this p...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You definitely need to get the battery replaced at this point.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
usere0QrURyYrk
Constellation

Replace the battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Replace the battery

Samsung_vm2H7BP
Astronaut

You definitely need to get the battery replaced at this p...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You definitely need to get the battery replaced at this point.

View solution in original post

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: You definitely need to get the battery replaced at this p...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I please have your full model number and IMEI in a private message?

userI508okYBCC
Constellation

Re: You definitely need to get the battery replaced at this p...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. Solved my exact problem. Got a new battery with replacement tools included from Amazon and did it myself. Used a YouTube video with great step-by-step instructions. 100% happy with results.

Samsung_gaKNX7e
Astronaut

Re: S7 Edge Battery goes from 100% to 0% up on unplugging

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For me i replaced it many times what should i do?

KG9150
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Dont always work...they did the same for my note9 and still having issues....contacted chat 2 or three times to figure out how to resolve this issue as i had just got it back from oversees and problems still persist and all other problem signs were ignored.....and they dont send emails....so wondering when someone will get back to me. 1000$ for what...

Samsung_wueEiII
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Typically, you only get about 500 charging cycles out of a Lithium Ion Battery before the battery life starts to decrease. Unfortunately, it looks like your phone battery is totally shot. So, you will need to either replace your battery or upgrade to a new phone.