cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Padoh
Asteroid

S7 Edge Do Not Disturb

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi can anyone help? I have a S7 Edge and I am trying to get it to put the notification icon up when I get emails but NOT vibrate, I want it to vibrate with text messages though. I have tried all settings I can find and it still vibrates. More annoying than that is the phone is still vibrating when emails arrive even during Do Not Disturb mode. I have set no eceptions except alarms. It is driving me mad.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neutron Star

Re: S7 Edge Do Not Disturb

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So let's forget about DnD for a minute because it is not going to do what you want to achieve. 

Let's focus on the notification issue outside of DnD. 

In Gmail and in stock app you have turned off vibration and your still get vibration notification for every email. Can you turn off notification in Gmail altogether and see if still notifies you?

Also have you set any accessibility options by any chance? 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

17 REPLIES 17
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Do not disturb feature is not another notification scheme but a way to control who and what can notify you. But still uses the same notification parameters that is set up in that app. 

In your email app turn off vibration notification. This may not be ideal but it is the way it would work.

Padoh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the suggestion but it is turned off but I still get vibration both in do not disturb mode and normal mode sadly 

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the actual issue is that you get vibration notification from your email app even when in your email app you set it not notify you by vibrating, correct?

What email app do you use? Stock app? Maybe more than one app? 

Padoh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, I suppose that is what I am saying is the issue but I also thought that DnD would stop any notifications but emails are still coming through and vibrating. I am using stock email app as well as gmail and both are set not to vibrate.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So let's forget about DnD for a minute because it is not going to do what you want to achieve. 

Let's focus on the notification issue outside of DnD. 

In Gmail and in stock app you have turned off vibration and your still get vibration notification for every email. Can you turn off notification in Gmail altogether and see if still notifies you?

Also have you set any accessibility options by any chance? 

Padoh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If I turn off notifications it works as expected, I get no notifications at all. No I have no accessability turned on at all.

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is strange as it also happens to 2 apps. So it can't be app related. 

Let's see if others have any ideas. 

Padoh
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I do believe I have fixed this. I found that somehow ( as you said) it was in accessibility it was set to vibrate every 10 mins if i had unread emails. No idea how that got turned on as I had not set it....probably my kids having a laugh. Thanks for your help!

userTvehHumQBP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is still an issue. I need reminder alerts, but not in DND. I guess I need to switch phones to non-Samsung? Is this all Samsung?