cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S7 Edge Lock screen PIN not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It really works with findmymobile.samsung.com.  I was able to unlock my phone by entering my samsung account information.  Also, i had to select a new pin which overrided my previous directional passcode.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This just happened to me. My lock pattern stopped working in the matter of seconds. I didn't change it or anything. I eventually had to restart it from the lock screen and it went back to normal. I was freaking out for a second, but that glitch needs to be worked out NOW!

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Is there anyway we can find out if Samsung is working on a fix for this issue?   It is frustating to say the least getting locked out of the phone for an hour when you're in the middle of something.   The Shutdown/Startup seems to work for now, but who knows how long that will work.

Highlighted
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@StelaZ how are you locked out for an hour? 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To replicate the issue - 

On locked phone - 

Enter Pin or Pattern and get the message it was not correct - I think I did this three times initially

Then you use the finger print to get into the phone

Setup>Security to try to reset your Pin/Pattern

It asks for the Pin/Pattern and it will be wrong again and lock you out for one hour.

Everytime after that you get the 1 hour wait.  I did it 3 times this morning.

I finally turned the phone completely off and then back on and the pattern works now.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

To replicate the issue - 

On locked phone - 

Enter Pin or Pattern and get the message it was not correct - I think I did this three times initially

Then you use the finger print to get into the phone

Setup>Security to try to reset your Pin/Pattern

It asks for the Pin/Pattern and it will be wrong again and lock you out for one hour.

Everytime after that you get the 1 hour wait.  I did it 3 times this morning.

This exact same thing just happened to me, and this is the 2nd time it has happened now. It's absolutely ridiculous, and frustrating to say the least. So much so, that I will most likely not be getting the S8 or S9 come upgrade time...

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has happened to both of our phones, both S7 Edge purchased the same time.  First it was only my wife's phone with the swipe pattern (3 times).  We were assisted with Samsung over the phone (who mainly suggested a master reset), but discovered after doing a complete shut down was the pattern accepted.  So, changed to fingerprint scan with a back up pin.  Everything was fine for the first 27 days and then did a restart on the phone and the screen when straight to pin number - on option for the fingerprint.  Entered pin and was invailded.  Attempted two shut downs and power ups, but still pin invalid.  Tried to replicate the issue my wife had with my phone and SURPRISE, I got the same problem and now cannot access my phone with my pin - invalid.   Yes, something has to be wrong with software.  Unfortunately we were not aware of setting up a Samsung account until reading this thread.  Hopefully, we can get access without a reset.....that'll be a pain in the @ZZ.@ZZ.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So frustrating.  Not sure what's more frustrating rebooting and having to set up my phone again or reading all the posts that have the same problem.   I'll give this one more shot before I go back to apple.  I really liked the phone, but not having this feature is an obvious deal breaker.

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, 

We do ask that you include additional information about your experiences:

- Are you using your device continually for long periods of time? ie.(more than 3 days at a time) 

- Are you a data intensive user?  (How to wipe the Cache Partition on your phone or tablet

- Have you recently changed your PIN?

- Are you attempting to place your PIN on a Swipe Lock? (it's happened) 

- Have you recently replaced your SIM card or service?

If you find yourself locked out of your device. You may use the link here: http://bit.ly/X9YKwE if you have your Samsung Account registered on your phone, as well as on Samsung.com. You may be able to utilize the unlock feature available there. 

Please be aware, that certain carriers may have disabled this feature. If this feature is unavailable to you, we recommend reaching out to your carrier for additional options they may have. 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same's happened to my Galaxy S7  (Carrier Telstra Australia) - after a change of SD card on restarting it refused to accept my PIN.

Answering the questions:

- Are you using your device continually for long periods of time? ie.(more than 3 days at a time) 

Yes the phone is used continually (but not continuously - there's a big difference)

- Are you a data intensive user?  (How to wipe the Cache Partition on your phone or tablet

Not particularly but I do have a 200GB Card installed

- Have you recently changed your PIN?

Yes - in fact this might be the first use of the PIN after it was changed

- Are you attempting to place your PIN on a Swipe Lock? (it's happened) 

No

- Have you recently replaced your SIM card or service?

Yes - a new larger S blank D card installed

I attempted to change the unlock PIN in Google and it said it had changed and the message I'd sent appeared in the Device Manager notification but neither the new PIN nor the old one would unlock the phone.

I've performed a hard reset (the phone is quite new and I haven't reached the satage of trusting it with data that's not fully backed up so it's just a question of work to get it operating the way I want again).

A supposedly secure device forgetting its lock PIN is a BIG fault - I hope Samsung are treating it seriously.

I certainly won't be rushing into using Samsung money now I know there are faults like this in the S7.