cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S7 Edge Lock screen PIN not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, I found the perfect solution to this problem. You see, you can still access your phone if you click on a notification and then enter you pin. So how do you "create" a notification? Well all you have to do is swipe down from the notifications screen and turn on Do Not Disturb mode. This will create a notification on your lock screen. Afterwards, click on the notification and then enter your pin. This should let you access your phone!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

so I've read quite a few of the comment regarding both from frustrated users and engineers offering assistance.

the reason I am adding to this is...you guessed it...I've as of yesterday encountered the same problem where I have been locked out of my phone. Coming up to a year and a half now from original user post of this problem and it seems this bug is still not fixed. This is super disappointing, frustrating and just disgusting....to have spent over £500 for a phone I've only had for 2 months and having to face such an issue where the phone will not allow me to use my fingerprint is ridiculous.

My swipe password also refuses to be accepted and I have to wait 60 minutes each time it refuses it. I have tried a number of my passwords as I have a set number which I use and I know for a fact that it is one of them.

I do not want to lose my data and moreover feel like why should I after so many on this forum have been requesting this bug be fixed?

as Samsung it's great your making suggestions to try and help your users but my question really is WHY HAVENT YOU FOUND A FIX FOR A BUG THAT IS SO APPARENT??? Surely after all the comments on here you can't expect us to believe that it's the users, can you?

Super disappointed and up until the S5. I've not really had any issues and those that have occurred have been easily fixed.

can someone help me to gain access to my phone as I do. It want to lose my data by wiping the phone.

one last thing I forgot to add, my ahine is set to google account but when I log in... I don't get the unlock feature. My phone was bought offline so the Carrie won't be able to help. Model is SM-G935F.

hope  someone can help me find a resolve .

thanks in advance .

TJ

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

so I've read quite a few of the comment regarding both from frustrated users and engineers offering assistance.

the reason I am adding to this is...you guessed it...I've as of yesterday encountered the same problem where I have been locked out of my phone. Coming up to a year and a half now from original user post of this problem and it seems this bug is still not fixed. This is super disappointing, frustrating and just disgusting....to have spent over £500 for a phone I've only had for 2 months and having to face such an issue where the phone will not allow me to use my fingerprint is ridiculous.

My swipe password also refuses to be accepted and I have to wait 60 minutes each time it refuses it. I have tried a number of my passwords as I have a set number which I use and I know for a fact that it is one of them.

I do not want to lose my data and moreover feel like why should I after so many on this forum have been requesting this bug be fixed?

as Samsung it's great your making suggestions to try and help your users but my question really is WHY HAVENT YOU FOUND A FIX FOR A BUG THAT IS SO APPARENT??? Surely after all the comments on here you can't expect us to believe that it's the users, can you?

Super disappointed and up until the S5. I've not really had any issues and those that have occurred have been easily fixed.

can someone help me to gain access to my phone as I do. It want to lose my data by wiping the phone.

one last thing I forgot to add, my ahine is set to google account but when I log in... I don't get the unlock feature. My phone was bought offline so the Carrie won't be able to help. Model is SM-G935F.

hope  someone can help me find a resolve .

thanks in advance .

TJ

Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userYudpJV1qYF,

Since the thread has been marked as 'Solved' please open a new thread in Samsung Community  > Get Help > Galaxy S Phones. This will ensure Samsung Moderators are able to find your post as quickly as possible. 

Thank you

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my swipe has locked me out i reset pin after phone lock but i cant get keypad to put in pin

Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I have this problem right now and cannot get into my phone in any way ive tried. Will take to a techie tomorrow.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same sort or problem but all I did was try my thumb print once and it's locked me out for 60mins then after that I tried and now it's locked for 30mins so I cannot use it 😡I'm stuck!!!

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sure being locked out of your device is a large inconvenience. I would recommend that you power down your device completely and start your device back up. Once the device has started back up attempt to use your Fingerprint. Be sure to also check that there is no debris on the Fingerprint sensor. 

Please provide additional information about your device, as some settings or options may vary by carrier and region. 

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have S7 just purchased 11/2016 and I am having the same issue. Sometimes the pin will work and sometimes it won't. Since I also have fingerprint lock I was able to unlock the phone. So, I went into settings and tried it there with no luck. Why hasn't Samsung fixed this issue?

P. S. What is meant by "are you attempting to use a pin on swipe lock?".

In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
~Martin Luther King, Jr.
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

There friend am having the same problem right now my pin or fingerprint not working so  unfortunately I can't get in to my phone do you have any  advise you can  share whit me thanks