Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
hhpatel1984
Constellation

S7 Edge Lock screen PIN not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Two days back I was not able to unlock my phone with the PIN I setting on my Samsung S7 Edge.  Fortunately my finger scanner was working and I was able to access my phone.  My PIN did not work I typed in the same PIN and after few tries my phone was locked for 60 mins.  I tried in the settings menu as well, since I was able to access my phone with finger scanner.  At first I thought someone changed my PIN but know one knows my pin number and no one had it.   I contacted Samsung chat support and they adviced me to login to google android devie manager where my phone was registerd.  I followed the exactly what a technician told me which was to use the lock option on androind device manager.  I did that and it locked my phone for good as I was no longer able to use fingerprint scanner.  It required to enter the pin first then one you unlock the phone with the PIN you will be do unlock it with finger scanner.  Finally I got tired and restarted the phone and after restarting the phone, I entered the same PIN and my phone was unlocked.   I think there is some type of glitch with this.  Does anyone had similar issues recently where your Samsung Galaxy s7 edge PIn stops working? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: S7 Edge Lock screen PIN not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey everyone, 

We do ask that you include additional information about your experiences:

- Are you using your device continually for long periods of time? ie.(more than 3 days at a time) 

- Are you a data intensive user?  (How to wipe the Cache Partition on your phone or tablet

- Have you recently changed your PIN?

- Are you attempting to place your PIN on a Swipe Lock? (it's happened) 

- Have you recently replaced your SIM card or service?

If you find yourself locked out of your device. You may use the link here: http://bit.ly/X9YKwE if you have your Samsung Account registered on your phone, as well as on Samsung.com. You may be able to utilize the unlock feature available there. 

Please be aware, that certain carriers may have disabled this feature. If this feature is unavailable to you, we recommend reaching out to your carrier for additional options they may have. 

136 REPLIES 136
jmartin515
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue (just FYI).  My PIN, which I setup when I got the phone, is no longer working.  As of this morning.  I haven't changed it since the setup and it no longer works.  I'm only able to access via the fingerprint reader as well. 

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
If you can access findmymobile.samsung.com , there you can unlock your phone and it should remove all locking from it. Then you should be able to setup a new pin.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Bul
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Tried to unlock the phone yesterday and got the same problem.  I thought I might be having a stroke or something so let the wife try to unlock.  I use the pattern and it kept telling us it was wrong.  Finally turned off the phone and it unlocked with that pattern and no further problems.

niahlantrix
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

not sure why but this did not work for me, it just sat there looking for my phone, and could never connect to it, I have pretty decent coverage at my home normally, and it was on wifi, so i ended up doing a factory reset. I have only had this phone for a week, I was hoping my previous experience with samsung phones was in the past, maybe not. may be time to go back to apple.

user7P6sauRind
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It worked for me.

Thanks!

NiAmSau
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

this was a BIG help! saved myself from paying technicians to unlock my pin, good thing i was signed in on my samsung acct Smiley Happy

ResidualHambo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've had this issue happen pretty frequently to me. It's frustrating and I had to wipe my phone in one case before I figured out what to do. Here's what I do and it seems to work:

1. Turn the phone completely off. A restart won't work—it has to be completely powered off.

2. Turn the phone back on. Your PIN should work now.

Alternatively, being able to unlock your phone via Samsung's online website is another method if this doesn't work for you.

stetch
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

what crap, I too am having the same problem.

Autcash
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks ResidualHambo.  Same story as you.  Almost had to hard reset for the 2nd time till I saw your tip.  Thank you!!