cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S7 Edge Lock screen PIN not working.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is locked and will not unlock even with find my phone

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm sorry to hear that @userGFs9Ts4Zwr Your next step would be to log into your Samsung or Google account from a PC, wait 24 hours and then try to log into your device with the new password.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi! Similar situation. On Google accounts - it found my phone when it was on the last time. On find my phone by samsung - can't connect to the device. Unlocking didn't wok. Pressed lock - now it says "Your phone will be locked if it connects to a network before Feb 25th, 2019"..what shold be my next step?

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi @userC0ncKbjs3N I apologize for my confusion. Are you trying to locate your device or unlock it? Were you able to lock your phone using Google accounts or the Samsung Find Your Mobile?

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes and I can’t even turn my phone off or restart

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, give this link a try. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am facing a new very annoying issue with my galaxy s7 lock screen. Last night, after using the phone with no problem for the whole day, when i tried to unlock i was not given any chance by fingerprints nor pin, i had straight away a message saying "try again in 5 mins", normally when i make any wrong attempts it blocks for 30 seconds only. After 5 minutes rather than allow me to try unlocking i got a new message saying "try again in 10 mins", then 30, now 60! If i reboot the phone finally allow me to put my pin and i get in without any problem but if i lock the screen i back to be stuck as before. I tried to power off and waited 1 minute before restarting, no change. I went to setting for "screen lock type" and i see the messgae "try again in ...", no option to do anything else than cancel. All i can do it's to stop the lock instantly with power key and delay to 30 mins prior lock authomatically. Can you explain what's wrong and how to solve this crazy lock bug please?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Ref my previous, by disabling fingerprint i fixed the problem. Hope this will help others with the same problem

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It is happening to me today.  Mine pin is a 4-digit number.  6-22-2019

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried wiping the cache partition of your device?

1.    Turn off the device.
2.    Press and hold the Volume Up key and the Bixby key, then press and hold the Power key.
3.    When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4.    An ‘Installing system update’ message will show for 30 – 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5.    Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6.    Press Power key to select.
7.    Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8.    When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9.    Press the Power key to restart the device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.