cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

S7 Edge One UI

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Does anyone know if the S7 Edge will get one UI? About five of my apps look like it, and some apps in google play show as a One UI app but not on my phone. My system however doesn't have it.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Asteroid

Re: S7 Edge One UI

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some apps may update to OneUI, but the operating system itself will not update sadly. Samsung does many things well, but extended software support is not one of them. This isn't a huge issue though, OneUI real isn't as big an update as people make it out to be. Sure it's nice and all, and it looks good, but I haven't found much more functionality in my Galaxy S9+ since updating, and Android 8 was generally faster and more reliable.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Unfortunately no chief

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Some apps may update to OneUI, but the operating system itself will not update sadly. Samsung does many things well, but extended software support is not one of them. This isn't a huge issue though, OneUI real isn't as big an update as people make it out to be. Sure it's nice and all, and it looks good, but I haven't found much more functionality in my Galaxy S9+ since updating, and Android 8 was generally faster and more reliable.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It wont get the update, the hardware wont match the software

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Sorry this is off-topic however I was browsing  about the S7 edge because. . . I just got mine back from my mom and reset it I just love this down pat the battery drain so fast it makes it really hard to do anything I like to edit my videos for YouTube on my phone with KineMaster so I was hoping that maybe you being in a user of this van still even there at 2019 or Samsung if they read this what is the fix for this problem what are you doing  ....does your phone do the same thing?