cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Destinedkim
Asteroid

S7 Edge Wont Charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

In 2 months I will have had this esge for 2 yrs. Ive never had a problem. All of a sudden, yestetday, the phone will not only not fast charge, it wont fully charge. It took 2 hrs to go from 72% to 79%. I had it plugged up, powered off, all night 9 hrs, and it went from 72% to 88%. The fast charger charged my girlfriends phone fine. The regular charger charged her phone slowly but it charged faster than mine. I hooked my phone up to 2 different chargers for 2 hrs today, it only charged 4%. Is this a scam to try to get me to buy a new phone & contract since this will be paid off in 2 months or what? I find it odd, thats all. Thanks for any assistance  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: S7 Edge Wont Charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @Destinedkim

Well I am glad that you were able to test the phone with other chargers, it does make it easier. Do you recall downloading any new updates or applications? And does the phone also charge this slowly when it is turned off to charge?

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @Destinedkim

Well I am glad that you were able to test the phone with other chargers, it does make it easier. Do you recall downloading any new updates or applications? And does the phone also charge this slowly when it is turned off to charge?

View solution in original post

Destinedkim
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No downloads since Feb and yes it charges that slowly powered off. The phone only charges to 86%, no highrr. I did a delete cache, safe mode reboot & charge and nothing works. I really hope theres a fix because Im not interested in buying/leasing a new phone- the phone is fine other than the charging & Im trying to get a lower cell bill. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Destinedkim

I am glad that you have been so thorough in your troubleshooting, it really helps. Have you backed up the information on your phone for safe keeping, then performed a factory data reset? If so, the next step would be to schedule a repair. If you want to look for walk in repair facilities, you can do that here.

Destinedkim
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, the reset didnt work and all the service centers are 45 min or more away- which is curious because one would think there would be a center in DC. 

Nevertheless, Im going to have to make do until it no longer charges because Im not driving 2 hrs plus repair costs nor am I leasing/buying a new phone, this one will be paid off in May. Thank you for your information, I appreciate your time. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Destinedkim

I can understand your disappointment, I would be too. If you like, you can also call 1 800 726 7864, or use the Samsung+ app to schedule a mail in repair. In the meantime I hope you have a wonderful rest of your day.