cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userOlM22JAfNk
Constellation

S7 Edge battery drain and overheating

Since the last update I received for my Galaxy S7 Edge on 7/17/2019, I have had to charge my phone multiple times a day, it's overheating to the point that I can feel the heat thru my case and the display is burning my face. I can basically do nothing with this phone for longer than a minute before it starts to overheat. I've downloaded CPU coolers and they say my CPU is running at 109°!!! When I run the CPU coolers, it cant lower the heat low enough for my phone to function. I wiped the partition cache, unistalled a lot of apps, changed settings for notifications and for apps that try to run in the background, I did a FACTORY RESET from the boot menu, and finally, I put it in my FREEZER! The charging ports are good, the phone is fine, has never been dropped, has been carefully cared for for 3 years. This is ridiculous that an update is draining my battery and causing my phone to run hot!!! SAMSUNG SHOULD BE ASHAMED!!! 

4 REPLIES 4
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S7 Edge battery drain and overheating

Hey there!

Can you please send us a private message with your model code for your device?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

userOlM22JAfNk
Constellation

How do I send Samsumg a private message?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

You can send a private message to any of the moderators by selected to send a message on their profile. You can also use this link here to message me directly: http://bit.ly/2GH8URL

Please provide model code and (15) Digit IMEI Number for your device when you message.

Hope this message finds you well!

^SamsungZell

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

usernETDcjBQbB
Constellation

I'm having the same problem with my s7.  Factory reset the phone and it worked fine again until I installed the latest update.  Has anyone found a solution.  Note that the drain is the worst when connected to wifi and I notice it coincides with the 4g flashing on and off every few seconds while connected to wifi.  The issue persists regardless of which wifi network I'm connected to.