Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userk0tl34JQmh
Constellation

S7 Edge changing screen mode has no effect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi

Have an s7 Edge unlocked (sm-g35fd)

Just did an update yesterday. Baseband g935fxxu1dqd3.

Since then, screen is particularly clear (red are almost pink).

I tried to change the screen mode, but all the options give the same screen colour.  Even changing the colour balance when in adaptive display mode has no effect. 

Blue light filter still works. 

Any idea? Did the patch do something wrong? 

Thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: S7 Edge changing screen mode has no effect

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userk0tl34JQmh.
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @userk0tl34JQmh.
Let's try some troubleshooting steps, just let us know how these go!

1. Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  2. Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings, About phone and check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  3. Clear phone cache. Instructions are here
  4. Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  5. Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @userk0tl34JQmh. I just wanted to reach back out and see if you were able to get this fixed up! If not, please let the Community know so that they can look into different ideas to help further.

userk0tl34JQmh
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

thanks for the follow up.

it got back to normal after I restarted the phone twice following the update's reboot.