cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userdntn4dd3pm
Constellation

S7 Edge software update Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Samsung s7 edge is having a problem with a new software update, I have checked the WIFI, reset the settings but even after doing that the new software update was not able to be installed. What happens is that once I go to the software update tab in the settings then click check for update, once it finishes checking it says that there is an update available so I accept the update and follow the instructions allowing the device to restart, after the phone finishes restarting, a page pops up saying that the installation failed due to an interruption.  Everything else on the phone is working just fine.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Red Giant

Re: S7 Edge software update Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdntn4dd3pm

Official solutions:

If downloading the update OTA (over-the-air) hasn’t worked for you, you can always us Samsung Smart Switch, a program made by Samsung, primarily to make transferring files easier.

Install the program to your PC, then launch it and connect your Galaxy S7 to your PC.
If an update is available, you’ll be prompted to install it, and given several steps to follow to begin the process.

You can also go to SamMobile.com/Firmwares to locate Samsung specific updates and manually install the update yourself. Only use this method if you’re comfortable with flashing your device and are aware of the risks. You will need to know the model number of your device to get the appropriate firmware, which can be found at Settings > About Phone.

Potential solutions:

Make sure you’re not already using the latest software version by going to Settings > About Phone. This page will detail various information like Model number, Android version, and Build number.

Also go to Settings > System Updates > Check for new system update. If there is a new update, you’ll be prompted to download and install it.

Toggle automatic updates off and on again by going to Settings > About Phone and tap the switch next to Download updates automatically. Below this option, you can also schedule automatic updates.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userdntn4dd3pm

Official solutions:

If downloading the update OTA (over-the-air) hasn’t worked for you, you can always us Samsung Smart Switch, a program made by Samsung, primarily to make transferring files easier.

Install the program to your PC, then launch it and connect your Galaxy S7 to your PC.
If an update is available, you’ll be prompted to install it, and given several steps to follow to begin the process.

You can also go to SamMobile.com/Firmwares to locate Samsung specific updates and manually install the update yourself. Only use this method if you’re comfortable with flashing your device and are aware of the risks. You will need to know the model number of your device to get the appropriate firmware, which can be found at Settings > About Phone.

Potential solutions:

Make sure you’re not already using the latest software version by going to Settings > About Phone. This page will detail various information like Model number, Android version, and Build number.

Also go to Settings > System Updates > Check for new system update. If there is a new update, you’ll be prompted to download and install it.

Toggle automatic updates off and on again by going to Settings > About Phone and tap the switch next to Download updates automatically. Below this option, you can also schedule automatic updates.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
usera6NGglUGIN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not coming update