cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userMCuO2RuSjm
Asteroid

S7 Edge software update Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Since last update, I can no longer personalize my message alerts.  I read that this is also true of the S9, which is why i havent upgraded my phone. Can i go back to previous S7 Edge software version?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Red Giant

Re: S7 Edge software update Issue

JUMP TO SOLUTION

welcome to oreo os. that feature is gone but the new messaging app will have each chat to be able to have their own message tones however if you delete the chat, that will be gone too until u create another chat with same folks in it and re assign the tone. Blame google for making the oreo os this way. Samsung doesn't have anything to do with the individual message tone.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, there is no authorized way to revert back to the previous software version. 

userMCuO2RuSjm
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see there are other people with same complaint.  Are there plans to give us back what was taken away? This feature is a deal breaker for me. 

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I apologize, we are unable to speculate on any future updates. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

welcome to oreo os. that feature is gone but the new messaging app will have each chat to be able to have their own message tones however if you delete the chat, that will be gone too until u create another chat with same folks in it and re assign the tone. Blame google for making the oreo os this way. Samsung doesn't have anything to do with the individual message tone.

View solution in original post