Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LoFelip
Constellation

S7 Edge strange behaviour opening apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

Since a long time ago I have strange behaviour opening apps with S7 Edge (Android 6.0.1 Marshmallow)
When I open an App, e.g. Facebook, it is opened in a randomly comment from a post. When I open Whatsapp, it is opened in a ramdomly chat, same Telegram or Twitter. The apps are not opened in the main page of the app.

I remember that I didn't have this problem or something similar using Nexus 6.

Has anyone had the same behaviour?

Thanks.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: S7 Edge strange behaviour opening apps

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear it's now working fine for you. Sometimes that cache build up can be a real pain, but it's pretty easy to clear up thankfully. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

3 REPLIES 3
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's a weird one, it could just be saving from the last place you were viewing, since that cache does get saved sometimes. Have you tried completely closing out of the applications or force stopping them through the Application Manager in your Settings menu? You could also clear the cache of them from that and try re-opening the applications fresh to see if that helps.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

LoFelip
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the response.

Finally I did "wipe cache partition" from the Android System Recovery. Now it seems to work fine.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You're very welcome! I'm glad to hear it's now working fine for you. Sometimes that cache build up can be a real pain, but it's pretty easy to clear up thankfully.