cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userwobUxw9MFe
Constellation

Re: S7 Edge swollen battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The swollen battery can cause other components to fail.  I recommend that you return your phone to Samsung for repair.  

user6q50VzFtcl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

yes, that happens to me as well. The phone is in very good shape, however, got swollen. I use to take care of my phones, I am assuming this is a manufacturer issue. 

userSJBa5xXu0f
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine has done the same thing.  I didn't notice it for a while because of the case.

Verizon is shipping me a new phone but I'm not confident it won't have the same problem.

userD15LXPtbjU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, me and my dad we got it replaced for my phone. It looked really abnormal and the phone coud have exploded any time.

userpcUn4q9U0q
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes. I can see the glue stretctching on mine. 

userUGF7NWZN85
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My battery expanded and displaced the back cover. When I called Samsung customer service, they said I had to pay for the cost of the repair because my phone was 2 months outside the 12 month warranty. Given their history with batteries, I thought they'd do whatever it takes to get this corrected. 

useryd6qVFrWMD
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same problem as mine. 

usermoZr3Q2Kt6
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same thing happened to me

Highlighted
Moolasaki
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also noticed about 2 weeks ago battery has swollen.. causing the back cover to open about 0.5 cm

I only used Samsung Wireless Charger and haven't used cable and never been dropped

I had it about 9 month.. It makes me sad and makes me rethinking about buying Galaxy Note 8...

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @Moolasaki I'm going to reach out to you privately for some more info here in a moment. I'm sorry to hear you've had this experience and I'd like to be of assistance. Please take a look when you get a chance.