cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userffc4OHG8dr
Constellation

Re: S7 Edge swollen battery

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the exact same issue.  I have turned off the phone and unhooked from charging.  This phone is only 15 months or so old.  This seems to be the same issue as the Note.....very dangerous and needs to be take care of by Samsung.  The phone is totally paid off.  Thanks for you quick response.

userXXME7HtAWQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem! The back cover is halfway off. This is a known issue with their product malfuntioning. Samsung should fix it!

userIFX51k6GP0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s7 did the same thing less than a year old. 

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have any of you contacted us at 1 800 726 7864 to schedule a possible repair? You can also reach out to us through the Samsung+ application, or by reaching out in a private message to one of our moderators here.

user9uHPRCt4Mn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello! I am experiencing the same issue. I first noticed that I could no longer press the button to decrease the volume on my phone through the phone case. At first, I thought that maybe my case was becoming disfigured, but upon closer inspection I found that the back of my phone is separating on the side of the volume buttons. I've also noticed that my phone has been getting really warm while it charges. Has anyone received any assistance from Samsung with regards to these issues?

user15x4uLR1kb
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I did. I called samsung and they actually said they would pay to replace the battery. Told them I couldn't go 2 weeks without my phone and asked if I could take to ubreakifix. Was told I could just give them the ticket number. After got there samsung refused to pay. Even worse the would not let the tech finish myour phone until I agreed that I was responsible for paying the bill. Will not buy anymore samsung products. 

oddball62983
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At this point I think I'm done. Faulty battery broke my phone, and samsung wont even let me pay to fix it. This whole situation is ridiculous. Just take my money and fix my phone pleaseeeeeee.

userUddkhZ1T1S
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same issue here. I have this phone foor almost two years . I always had overheating issues but tried to trust the company for not recalling s7edge phone and get along.. now the back cover has like a uarter inch gap, Cracked and turning off at 45%! 

I want my money back or a replacement 

userykLRvN1yBJ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This has just happened to me also. It's only lifted less than 1mm at the moment. I throttled the CPU (through the power saving option) and limited the charging to 70-80%.

I bought my phone used, so I'm not even going to bother to attempt to involve Samsung. I've arranged for a local chap to replace it with an (hopefully better made) original Samsung battery for £35 ($45, €39).

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userykLRvN1yBJ Even though the unit may be out of warranty, I would still recommend checking with the Samsung Support team in your area to see if there is anything they can do to help with the issue. If you are in the US, you can send us a private message at http://bit.ly/2n71OsS with the model and IMEI numbers. If you are not in the US, you can use this link to find your local support: http://www.samsung.com/visitcountr.