Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
captjdhunt
Asteroid

S7 - No option to move deleted emails back to inbox

JUMP TO SOLUTION

On my new Samsung Galaxy S7, there is not an option where if delete an email, to go into my deleted or trash folder and move it back to my inbox, or reply to it. Am I missing something? All my options to move or reply are grayed out and won't work.

Thanks.

Jordan H.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Neutron Star

Re: S7 - No option to move deleted emails back to inbox

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Then use Blue Mail. At least just try it to see if you get a different experience. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

26 REPLIES 26
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It maybe well related to your email provider and what mail application you are using. 

Can you provide more info?

captjdhunt
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes I should have mentioned that. I am just using the standard email app that comes on the phone. I have loaded my gmail and my business accounts (business is with godaddy)
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am using Gmail with email app (default phone app) and I can delete and then go to Trash (and I see the message there) and "Move" the message back to Inbox. 

Are you trying this from Combined inbox or from individual mailbox (like gmail)? 

If all else fails you may want to check out the Gmail App. It can do the same for you. Check gmail and Godaddy. 

SamsungMic
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello captjdhunt,

Thanks for posting and being a part of our community. We are sorry that you are having email problems, but we want to ensure that a solution is found. Have you been able to check any settings in the email app or check what was suggested by Superman? 

anyafitz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge with O/S and all apps completely up to date...If you go into the "Email" app that comes with the phone and into the "Recycle bin" email folder and slide the deleted email "that you want to move back to your inbox" to the left (moving right) it brings up "Deleted ---> Undo" however, when tapping "Undo" there nothing happens so? Samsung?!...Hello?!...Please fix this...lol...If you slide the same email "that you want to move back to your inbox" to the right (moving left) from the "Recycle bin" email folder you will see "Move --> Set Reminder --> Read/Unread --> Reply (all greyed out but Read/Unread though?!?!?! Thanks again Samsung!?!?!?! Please fix this!!!) In fact you can perform this same slide left/right action on all emails in the "Inbox" and "Sent' email folders as well however, same issue occurs there...all options except Read/Unread are greyed out so??? We'll have to wait for Samsung to fix this in the "Email" app under the next O/S update I guess...Unfortunate!!! Smiley Sad

FormerMotoXer
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Bump.  Same problem.  Just bought the S7.  All software up to date.  I have two Verizon accounts feeding to the S7 email app.  There is an email in the Trash folder that I want to reply to.  However, when I open the email, the only action that is NOT grayed out in the bottom toolbar is "Delete."  Neither does the pull-down menu in the top right corner offer any help.  I can't reply, and I can't move it back to the Inbox.   

Chris316
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Exactly the same problem for me with my S7, very annoying. 

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have you tried using the Gmail app instead of the stock app? I think you might like it and it may solve the issue.

FormerMotoXer
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Not my preference. I have four Gmail accounts for personal use, two Verizon for work. Do not want to merge them all into one interface.