Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user4IaVkeQftv
Asteroid

S7 Other side hear echo on phone call

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

I have galaxy S7

When on call, the other side complains about echo. it's really annoying and happens most of the time.

from my side the call sounds great.

I have no phone case

It's working fine when connecting  headsets and when speaking from the speaker

Model: SM-G930F

Android 7.0 - smasung offical (Original rom, without any change)

I went to a lab that replaced me the microphone and the flat of the microphone (all the charging port)

and It didn't help

Any suggestions?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
user4IaVkeQftv
Asteroid

Re: S7 Other side hear echo on phone call

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SOLVED

problem in my case was hardware.

Apperanly there is some kind of rubber band around the microphone that keeps the sound in the same place. the problem was it was dameged. When they replaced it, it backed to work Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @user4IaVkeQftv. We're glad you reached out to us for help and we have a few troubleshooting steps that we can try to make sure that this isn't a problem with the software on the phone.

• Are all your Apps are up to date? You have 2 places that you need to look. Google Play store and Galaxy app store. Go to both and check My Apps. Make sure there is no app that needs updating. 
  • Is your phone OS up to date? Go to Settings>About Device>Check for software update. Make sure you have the latest phone software. 
  • Clear phone cache. Instructions are here.
  • Clear Application cache and sometime Application data. Instructions are here
  • Restart your phone in Safe mode. This is just to help you isolate the issue if it is caused by 3rd part apps. Instructions are here.

Would you mind clarifying what region you are located in? Based off of your model number, it looks like you have an international S7. This site is mainly for US support,  so if you were to need a repair, you would need to get in contact with your regional support. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user4IaVkeQftv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tired it all, still didn't help.

I guess it's a hardware then

I will go to the store to check it out.

Thanks for your help

userVt1w7kr98l
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
There has definitely been a hardware change. Probably remotely. The only was to fix it is by replacing hardware via computer. Sounds like a hardware sensor issue. Always use your charger don't cross use. And make sure your wifi is secured. Unless your testing something or whatever. Sounds to me like you have been tethered and an app or user is controlling phone. What your hearing is a switch in connection or a open listener. So take to store. Make sure you trust whoever handles your phone. It's easy to be taken advantage of unless you've taken precautionary measures long ago. So if your not testing then the echo is probably just a glitch. Good luck.
Patrish
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Did all this; did not help.
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION
user4IaVkeQftv,
I can definitely understand the annoyance of having an echo. I'd love to help you out.

1. Are you using Wi-Fi Calling?: You can identify this by seeing on the device screen while on a call you will see the Wi-Fi symbol with a handset next to it.

2. Are you using a Network Extender/Signal Booster?: If you are please let me know what the model of the extender/booster is, your carrier, and model of device.

3. Temporarily disable HD Voice: Typically you do not want to disable this, but we need to isolate the issue. Please go to Settings > Advanced Calling > Advanced Calling > Turn OFF. Retest the calling and report the results.

4. If step number 3 did NOT resolve, or was NOT turned on, please enable it now. If it was turned off please now enable it and retest. Report your findings here.

5. Power the device off and on: Sometimes this issue can be a software issue. If it was a hardware issue it would be recurring with no abnormalities. If it is software related it could sometimes work, and sometimes not. Please turn the device off and on and retest and let me know what happens.

6. Check for items blocking the device audio ports: If you're having issues with the microphone, speaker, headset jack, or ear piece it may be caused by dirt, debris or something covering or blocking it. I need you to check 5 different things. A: Ensure all plastic coverings that came on the device from shipping are removed. B: Ensure screen protectors are not blocking the speaker, microphone, or ear piece. C: Remove the case that may be blocking the speaker, microphone, or ear piece. D: Ensure nothing is plugged into or blocking the headset jack. E: Ensure the microphone, headset jack, and ear piece are free of dirt and debris.

7. Check all audio levels. Ensure they are what you want them to be.

8. Make sure the speakerphone works: Test the speakerphone and ensure it works.

9. Make a voice recording: We are now going to test the microphone on the device to find out if that is the issue. By removing the network and the other phone, we are isolating the issue to be only on the device. Please go to Apps > Memo > Add Icon + > Voice > Record > Stop > Save > Play. When you play it back to yourself do you hear echoing? If you do hear it, it is your phone, if you do not, it is the network.

10. Remove the memory card: This device supports microSD (TransFlash) memory cards. If you do have one, please remove it. We will put it back in later. After removing it please re-test your calling.

11. Put your device into Safe Mode: To do this please press and hold the power button until the phone options prompt appear then release. Touch and hold power off until the Reboot to Safe Mode prompt appears then release. Tap RESTART. Now please test the calling and report the results.

If all of the above fails, I will let you know what the best escalation path would be. Typically, I have people contact their carrier, as there is things that can be configured on the network side of things.

Acrillix - Samsung Community Valued Contributor Elite Member
Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you and "This Helped Me" if it's helpful.
My Blog - Guru of the Galaxies: http://guruofthegalaxies.com/
user4IaVkeQftv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Acrillix, Thanks for your super detailed replay.

Unfortunately it didn't help

1. I am with android 7, from what i read, it can not be canceled in this android version.
2. not using
3. Same as 1.

5. didn't help (now it seems to happen all the time)
6. tried it, maybe something is blocking from inside.
7. seems good.
8. in speaker it working great, same for headphones.
9. It's working without echo, but the issue is not when i am talking, it's when someone talks with me (only he hear the echo) from my side it's all working perfectly.
10. Didn't help
11. Didn't help

user4IaVkeQftv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did factory reset

And I went to the store again

They replaced me the 2 microphons

The problem still wan't resolved Smiley Sad

userDerfFLx8W0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Did you ever get it fixed? I got a new Galaxy S7 today and everyone I call complains about the echo. So annoying with a new phone.

user4IaVkeQftv
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not yet,

Seems that in my case it's hardware issue Smiley Sad

I will update once I will be able to solve.

If you finding any solution, please update me