cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userlZJcesasoC
Constellation

Re: S7 Problems after Oreo update.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So glad I am not the only one with these problems. This happened straight after the Oreo update for me. I have rebooted in safe mode, cleared cache, master reset, force closed apps and cleared data and paid 100 excess for the phone to be fixed by my bank insurance and it came back exactly the same and went in bootloop mode again restarting, still doing it now and SAMSUNG still won't claim liability, it's just a coincidence that everyone's phone is doing this after the update! Ive owned all Samsung Galaxies and have always loved them, but now I am really considering going to the Apple side😡😡

userep2iP9NqU9
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, and I've tried to Factory Reset the phone like 4 times.

user8ATZpYMjpI
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same problem with mine, battery goes down after 4 hrs. Mobile started to hang and apps working slower. Now it also started to self reboot time to time.

Nelomasi

userk6fc4TreIY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

At least yours only gets hot while charging. I have to take a lot of video for work, and there have been times I have had to put mine in the freezer to bring the temp down. While listening to music (for the 2 hours before the battery dies) I usually have to take it out of my pocket do to the temp. Because I'm always running hot, my phone slows to a crawl and I only can use no more than  apps at a time....yet the battery drains like I'm jumpstarting a car with the thing. On top of that, my screen auto brigtness only works when it feels like it. I found this out after listening to 12 hours of lectures through my bluetooth headset (which I only have because I can't hold the darn thing to my face to talk due to temp), went to get my phone when done, and Youtube decided it liked my screen so much that it just stayed there..... In the course of 2 months I went from haveing a very useful phone to a face/leg burning, unitasking (barely), thing I have to reset at least 5 times a day (with a 10 min load up wait time), with FULL SCREEN burn that needs to be charched 2-3 hours if moderately used and 6-8 when idle. Now I have to have the screen brightness turned up just to compensate for the burn (on a battery that doesnt last long) and occasionally put in the freezer to cool it down.....and yes, I've done all the tips

Highlighted
Nebula

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userk6fc4TreIY

Please see the accepted solution given by @SamsungJecca.

userNvnvF3PGp9
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I didn't accept the solution. I performed a factory data reset, still have the same issues as mentioned earlier. THERE IS A PROBLEM WITHIN THE OREO UPDATE!

Why will Samsung not accept the fact they pushed an update that was buggy?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userNvnvF3PGp9I am sorry to hear that troubleshooting has not worked for your issue. I would be happy to help you get set up for service repair. Could you respond in a private message to http://bit.ly/2JH2rq2 with the following information? Thanks.

First/Last Name 

Phone Number

Email Address

Physical Address

Place Of Purchase

Serial #

Model #

userRWuiKWzmde
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My camera quit working and my flashlite. My battery is draining quickly, had Samsung do a factory reset , phone is still not working properly,  I was told I could send it in for repair for 70$ that it's a hardware issue ,it was fine before it updated a week ago. Why should I have to pay to fix my phone when the Samsung update I did not ask for messed it up. ! Im Rather livid.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @userRWuiKWzmde, can you please provide me with the model number and baseband version of your device?

KJ W
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see I'm not alone. I've put up with this since the update, but the phone it almost useless. Since the update, I constantly get pop-ups that the System UI has stopped, apps crash, the phone gets hot, the screen stays blank and I can't answer calls, and battery life is absolutely absurd. It used to have the best battery life and now i have to carry a charger or battery pack with me. I've done every suggested above except send it in. Any idea of a patch? I KNOW Samsung stopped rolling out the update because of battery drain. Looks like they re-released it to soon.