cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

Re: S7 Problems after Oreo update.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see I'm not alone. I've put up with this since the update, but the phone it almost useless. Since the update, I constantly get pop-ups that the System UI has stopped, apps crash, the phone gets hot, the screen stays blank and I can't answer calls, and battery life is absolutely absurd. It used to have the best battery life and now i have to carry a charger or battery pack with me. I've done every suggested above except send it in. Any idea of a patch? I KNOW Samsung stopped rolling out the update because of battery drain. Looks like they re-released it to soon.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too am having serious battery life problems since the last update. I cannot get through a 8 hr work day without having the phone in the ultra power saving mode after like 5-6 hours. And mind you I'm working, barely using the phone. I too have performed all the suggested solutions provided in this thread and others to no avail. I only bought my S7 8 months ago and already it's the worst phone experience I've ever had. I really really regret buying it. What should I do now????

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If the following steps do not resolve the battery drain issue on your device, it will require service. 
Run the device in Safe Mode, if this resolves the battery drain issue, it is a third party app causing it. Uninstall high battery usage apps until the issue no longer occurs.  
If this does not resolve the issue, check for any available updates by going to Settings>Software Update and also update all apps in the Google Play Store. 
-Go to Settings>About Phone>Software Version and check the current baseband version and compare it to the GS7 page of your carrier's website and make sure that the baseband versions match up. 
-If they do not match up, reach out to your carrier so that they can push out an OTA update to your device.

If everything is up to date and the issue persists, the next step is to back everything up and perform a factory reset. 
If the issue occurs after the factory reset, we recommend taking the phone to a local uBreakiFix or Best Buy with a Samsung Experience shop and ask for a software re-flash.  
If the issue occurs after this, it is hardware related and will require service. You can locate a uBreakiFix or reach out to us via private message to set up service.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's the update. Battery usage shows android system at 13% even when the phone wasn't used for hours. I jumped through all hoops you listed with no changes. No Best Buy with Samsung Experience Store in the area. The *NEW* uBreakiFix doesn't have the necessary tools to reflash and if they did, it's $75.00. What is ***SAMSUNG*** going to do about MY perfectly good phone THEY ruined?

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its the update that did all this to the phones.. Its not a hardware issue its that stupid update you rolled out. Battery optimization .. Yea quite the opposite really ... Just fix the update and patch it so it works like you advertised instead of false advertising. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Who marked this thread as solved? LMFAO ... this is NOT solved.

So let me get this straight, I have to do the all the work & take MY time and find a ubreakifix, PAY for them to perform a software re-flash which WON'T fix the problem because it's an issue with the SOFTWARE update to Oreo... only for it to be deemed a hardware issue and sent in for service to be without the phone for which knows how long?

Sounds like it's time for ALL of us to file a formal complaint with the Dept. Of Consumer Affairs...

Samsung people... this phone was great and trouble free until the update to Oreo. FIX the [REDACTED] update and roll out a patch so these phones work properly again. It's not rocket science.

Highlighted
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I think a complaint to Consumer Affairs is in order, too!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problems too, and Samsung customer service wont answer, the chatbot puts me on eternal hold....

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problems too, and Samsung customer service wont answer, the chat bot  puts me on eternal hold....

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not consumer affairs....Your Attorney Generals office Coneusumer Protection Division. Apple tried thia game and is now in the middle of a Multi-state lawsuit involving multiple Attorney Generals. 

OREO had battery life extension listed in the pre update notes. YES, Samsung tweeked coding of smoe sort regarding battery life, and nows its gone down the toilet. My wife and I have a business account and we cant answer calls. use more than 1 app at a time, I have a constant notificaton that my phone memory is critically low (I deletd all apps but 5 for less than 4 g of space, cleared cache, and total space used by my items is less than 5g on a 16g phone with 128g SD card). Using maps= system crash. 

I was mid work day when I updated, phone was perfect untill the update. An hour after the update, I had lost over 40% battery. I was at 93% at noon -updated- under 50% within the hour. Charging depends on the day, sometimes it works, sometimes it an hour per 1%. I tested my wifes phone-same make model purchased same day- no problems, just as before. I upgatred her phone to the same results...except now Im sleeping on the couch for "screwing up her phone". THANKS SAMSUNG!!

So I encourage EVERYONE regardless of carrier or phone model to contact your AG office, mine has received enough complaints so far to at least agree to look into it.