cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
userk52tuJ1zVn
Constellation

Re: S7 Warning Camera Failed

Same issue here. Galaxy S7 Edge on Andorid 8.00. Last system update on 4/2/2019 with System Update 29 on Verizon. Issue started 3 or 4 days ago intermittently. Now this issue is permanent. Camera app presents Warning message an closes app. Any other app trying to use camera cannot do anything. Google Messages crashes when trying to add media because it uses the camera.
userpoRL2csUPK
Astronaut

Looks like Samsung is not going to reply other than paying for service repair.  

People all over the internet is having this problem with no resolutions.  I've always loved my Samsung phones, but I will not buy another one if they are going to update and make my phone a piece of junk just to try to get me to buy their newest phones.  Very disappointed.

userqRlCFddXn8
Astronaut

Right?  Has anyone figured out a solution to this?  

user4qMHF6yWHc
Constellation

Omg, same here! Camera failed out of the blue, I have tried all the suggested fixes everywhere all over the net (everything you mentioned and more), and it's still broken. What the heck, Samsung?!?!?!

userqRlCFddXn8
Astronaut

Right, this has been going on forever!  

userukifRqpXLK
Constellation

Same here! Began getting the camera failed issue 4 days ago. I tried clearing the cache ..clearing the data .. the cache partition.. safe mode and eventually did a factory reset. Even tried *#7353# option that I found online to test the camera. Feeling forced to get a new phone. Frustrated that Samsung won't offer a fix. 

Samsung_gSLpdrf
Astronaut

Which s7. Is it the s7 edge, active, or just the s7

Which s7. Is it the s7 edge, active, or just the s7

userD5ID951JxG
Constellation

I also did all the fix actions from clearing the cache to reseting my phone.  I also took it to a cell phone repair shop. They replace the camera first. It did not work after that they Reloaded The firmware. It didn't work.   I've also factory reset my phone three times and wiped everything. I also did not load any of backed up data.

Nothing worked.  ANY HELP SAMSUNG.....  it's crazy I just played off my phone and S10 is released and my phone tanks.

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Hey @userD5ID951JxG,

I'm sorry to hear this has happened. Can you send a private message here providing the model and IMEI number so I can further assist you?

Natey
Halo

iPhones are generally more stable and predictable than co...

iPhones are generally more stable and predictable than corresponding Android devices, but they are not as flexible on software: I can do all kinds of things on my Android devices that I can't on an iPhone.