Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Supernova

Re: S7 active phone will not fast charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I hope you are all doing well.

Has everyone been able to try a different fast charging connector with their device?

If you have and that is able to fast charge your device, please let us know!

For anyone who has yet to try to perform a soft reset on their device, I would suggest attempting that:

1. Power your device down by holding the Volume Down and Power keys until the device shuts off.
2. Then boot it back on and let me know how it responds.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

Hey, I will be happy to help, @KristyKatt71. If you could...

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, I will be happy to help, @KristyKatt71. If you could provide the following information requested previously, we will be happy to attempt to recreate this behavior so that we can provide you with a solution.

Hey, would everyone who is having this concern provide me with your Baseband Version, Carrier and model number?

You can find most of this information in Setting > About Phone. Thanks!

Have you attempted a soft reset?

Has everyone been able to try a different fast charging connector with their device?

If you have and that is able to fast charge your device, please let us know!

For anyone who has yet to try to perform a soft reset on their device, I would suggest attempting that:

1. Power your device down by holding the Volume Down and Power keys until the device shuts off.
2. Then boot it back on and let me know how it responds.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Has anyone had a chance to attempt these steps?

If you have and are continuing to see this difficulty, please let us know, and we'll be happy to work to find a solution for you!

uservrBCzlQhzy
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am, I have tried everything and still no luck. Wireless charging fast charges, but then pauses a second later. It switches on and off continuously making the annoying sound for charging and disconnecting every time. 

SM-G891A

AT&T

S7 ACTIVE

G891AUCS3BRD1

userjKVhqpEca0
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

same problem here. After receiving the android 8.0 update for my S7 Edge (SM G935F) from Brazil (ZTO), it is taking too long to charge. Already did a full factory reset and cache wipe. 

And fast charge is enabled. Also the problem is happening in safe mode.

Everything was 100% fine until i received this update of android 8.0. Everything was working great on android 7 nougat......... 

Also im having internet drops/freezes a lot of times (the ! symbol keeps appearing). This wasnt happening before this update. 

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's very strange, thanks for that detail! I can get how frustrating it is to not be able to charge your device at a reasonable pace when normally booting it up.

Have you tried uninstalling some applications that you installed around when you noticed this difficulty with your charging?

I do not think this has to do with your recent OS upgrade as Safe mode is still running the same software, it just disables third party applications. This may be related to an app that runs in the background, if you find the culprit, please let us know.

userVkFZqgKxMk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S7 edge updated software yesterday and now I've lost fast charging. Everytime there's an update it seems something effs up. Please don't tell me it has nothing to do with the update as I simply do not believe you.

klb4n6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

But why would it charge fast in safe mode one day and not the next???

My phone seems to decide on its own when it wants to fast charge. Yesterday and earlier todsy, fast charge. Tonight i plug it into the SAME charger and no fast charge. I haven't added any apps either.

I absolutely believe it has to do with the update, since EVERY time I've had a problem with this it's always been within a week of an update.

I think my next phone will be anything but a Samsung.

Ke2000
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If they did read or pay attention our messages they wouldn't have kept asking us to try soft reset, factory reset, unistall apps...etc. we all stated that this issue happened right after the update, period.

Instead of keep telling us to try those standard steps, please open a case for us to escalate this and dont waste everyone's time more. If you do care helping us, please do so.

Bryan_S
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My S7 Edge recently began deciding if it will fast charge or not, it's very annoying because I have to unplug and replug until it fast charges. It began after I updated to the most recent software. I hope they address this issue very soon.