cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tabby2312
Asteroid

S7 active phone will not fast charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone will not fast charge on regular wall  charger, or the car charger.  However it will fast charge on  the wireless charger. It will slow charge though. Any ideas?  What can I do? 

Thanks in advance 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Vivekvarma02
Cosmic Ray

Re: S7 active phone will not fast charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem would be occuring due to many reasons. Firstly, Fast charging depends on several things, like

1) Adapter

2) USB connector

3) Charging port.

Most of the time, Adapter and USB connector are where problem starts. So, i suggest you check your adapter and connector against these below questions.

a) Is it the original adapter that came in the box for your s7 active.

b) Is the USB connector also the one that came in the box.

If you had anytime changed your adapter or USB connector, just check the USB wire, the pins that connect to mobile and also the fast charging depends on the quality of the wire. All third party USB connectors maynot be compatible with your phone and in turn they may damage your phone charging port due to heat generated by using third party connectors.[ occurs due to impedence of USB connectors ].

I prefer we all check these and only use the manufacturer's approved USB connectors, and also be careful charging in car using connectors.

Thank you all, hope i helped you all.

View solution in original post

134 REPLIES 134
user0sqrJ9pDpU
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Go to battery under settings and scroll down. Make sure fast wireless and fast charge cable charging is selected

tabby2312
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes they are both on. I've done everything i know possible except send it in  i can't  be without my phone for 9-11 days. I use it for my job. 

user6RkHIpinWE
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using an adaptive charger. Does not fast charge with any plug 

tabby2312
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes i amusing the correct everything. Like i said it will fast charge on my wireless charger. It just won't when it's plugged in.   Also a new problem. My phone will only charge when it's turned off. If it is on it says wireless charging paused. Any suggestions?   Thanks 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using a completely different fast charger? If you have, you may want to try and inspect the charging port of your phone. You'll want to make sure it's free of any debris or residue that might have built up. You can do this with a Q-tip and some rubbing alcohol. That being said, you should also check that none of the pins are bent, missing, or overall damaged. This could stop the charging altogether, or just fast charging.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

tabby2312
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes I've tried using a different adapter as well as a new cord. I clean it with alcohol as you suggested..  It worked in the car 1 time for a short time.  That's all. I'm about ready to take it to AT&T 

Highlighted
tabby2312
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They are both turned on. The other night in my car it was fast charging but only for about 10-15 mins then it went back to just regular charging 

userQY0dNdRXcL
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The same thing is happening to me. I I am using the original adaptive fast charging car charger and the cord that came with my phone but it will only fast charge sometimes and not others. Very frustrating. Why did I spend extra money for this adaptive fast charging charger?

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good afternoon @userQY0dNdRXcL

Waiting for a phone to charge before using it is never fun, I can be rather impatient about that myself. You said that your fast charger will only charge sometimes. Does it take some positioning to get a fast charge out of that charger, or do you know if any apps running in the background might be interfering with the charging on your phone?