cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
uservM9qtp0SyO
Constellation

Re: S7 active phone will not fast charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got my s7 edge for Xmas and fast charge worked but I put it on power saving one time and when I turned it off fast charge hasn' worked since I've got the original charger and plug I've cleaned charging port and it still doesn' work I went to setting and it won' let me then on fast charge how come ?

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @uservM9qtp0SyO I'm sorry to hear you're experiencing this but you've definitely come to the right place for help!

Have you tried any of the recommended troubleshooting? So far other users have suggested the following:
1) Make sure your phone and all your applications are up to date, including Google Play and Galaxy Apps.
2) Are you using Samsung official charging accessories?
3) Has your phone sustained any physical or liquid damage?
4) Have you placed the device in Safe Mode for 24 hours and attempt to charge during this time? If not, please follow the steps in this link: http://bit.ly/2Bku3wS

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi again @uservM9qtp0SyO I was just reaching out to see if you were able to boot your device into Safe Mode and if you noticed any changes in it?

useri5309wp5pw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, 

I also have the same problem. My phone will not fast charge from my wall charger, the original one that came in the box. I figured that it might have had a loose wire or something. So I got a new one, from Samsung, and that does not work either. I have tried charging from different sockets too. It won't even slow charge from the wall (very rarely will it recognize, charge for a few seconds, then stop). I am currently charging using my laptop, which drains from my laptop battery and is very slow.

I cleaned the ports with compressed air, I have done a soft reset, cleared the cache, updated all apps, and checked that the fast charging capability was "on" under the settings. I tried charging in safe mode (but have not kept in on safe mode for 24 hours). There is no water damage that I am aware of.

My model is SM-G930A

Carrier is AT&T

Android Version 7

I think this started happening 2-3 weeks ago, not exactly sure when.

Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there @useri5309wp5pw I appreciate you sharing that information and your experience with us. I hope that I can help. Did you receive a new charging cable separately or a new charging unit entirely? Have you tried to charge it in Safe Mode with the new charger since?

useri5309wp5pw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hi,
I received a new charging unit, i.e. a new wall charger and USB cable from Samsung. Fortunately, it was on sale Smiley Happy but still doesn't work Smiley Sad
I have it on safe mode now and it still won't recognize the (new) charger. It can still charge from the laptop. I saw a recommendation earlier to leave it on safe mode for 24 hours, but I can't do that since I have work-related apps on there.
Red Giant

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I completely understand @useri5309wp5pw Could you maybe give that a try on the weekend when you don't necessarily have to use those apps?

userPuUnHa5PR0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have an s7 edge and like the other users have had the same issue. While plugged in I was not fast charging I went to the battery options , switch was already grayed out but toggle switch was on fast charging already. I could not toggle the fast charging switch off then back on while plugged in because it does not allow this but I did remove my charger cord, toggle off then back on to fast charging and it is fast charging for now. Not sure why this is happening. 

amkd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My phone info:

SM-G930P

G930PVPS5BRA1

SPRINT

KristyKatt71
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

U r not helping anyone. We all did everything you said and no help.

Kristy Edwards