cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KristyKatt71
Constellation

Re: S7 active phone will not fast charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My s7 has also been doing this and there is nothing on here that has helped what so ever. I can have my phone full charged and keep it in the charger and text or look at my pic and it will die in less than a hr even with the charger plugged in

Kristy Edwards
telomere1110
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SamsungTrevor,

I am having the exact same issue.  I have tried all of the suggestions listed in this thread.  My information is as follows:

Baseband Version - G935AUCS4BRA1

Carrier - AT&T

Model number - SAMSUNG-SM-G935A

Build Number - NRD90M.G935AUCS4BRA1

I have done both a soft and hard reset, still no luck.  Also tried to run in safe mode without luck.  

I would really appreciate some assistance here.

Best.

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @telomere1110, I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about this.

Have you attempted to charge your phone with any other cables?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

telomere1110
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello @SamsungTrevor

Yes, I've tried different cables and charging units.  All of these used to work prior to the software update but now they won't.  They are Samsung Branded and adaptive fast chargers.

@SamsungTrevorwrote:

Hey, @telomere1110, I really appreciate you taking the time to get in touch with us about this.

Have you attempted to charge your phone with any other cables?

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Alright, thanks for the feedback, @uservaPjtKSxIX and @telomere1110!

Would you all mind putting your phone into safe mode to see if this affects your device's ability to charge?

1. Power your device down
2. Then power it back on
3. Pressing and holding the Volume Down key when you see the Samsung logo

Please let us know if this helps!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

klb4n6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have done everything mentioned here multiple times.  It is NOT my charger.  It is NOT any apps I have on my phone. Putting it in SAFE mode does nothing.  It is the phone.  Everything was fine until the last software update came out.

My next phone will probably not be a Samsung, because there are multiple people here saying the same thing and there have been no solutions or admission that it's your product that's broken, not something we're doing to our phones.

userHmE5emCBit
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I agree klb4n6,

I've been monitoring this thread for awhile now.  Sad Samsung can't just say, "We understand some of our valued customers are experiencing problems related to the charging of their Samsung devices.  Our team of engineers is looking into this.  We hope to have this problem identified soon and a solution in place.  In the mean time, some of our customers have found some success with the following methods."

This is not rocket science.  It is called honest communication.

userdFwrNRui4U
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You said it, userHmE5emCBit.

Hear, hear!!!

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, @klb4n6, thanks so much for reaching out to us about this. If you have attempted all of these steps and you are still having difficulties, we suggest that you reach out to 1-800-726-7864. They will be happy to let you know about all of your repair options!

useroQs5P4EPC0
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried cleaning the charging port with compressed computer air duster?