cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userkfjPtAgloR
Constellation

Re: S7 active phone will not fast charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I was able to toggle the fast charge switch on and off but of course like every other solution presented repeatedly on this page it did nothing

userh7AiLpxnJJ
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem happened with s7 and s6 too. Tried reset factory,wipe cache,checked in safe mode. Attached file is my s7 info. Please help to fix.

Sccurity softwarc vcrsion VPN v1.4 Release 8.0 ASKS 1.4 Release 161228 SMR Jdl1 2018 Release 1 Android security patch level Janjarf 1, 2018 Baceband ve sion GO30 TUV84BRA Kernel version 3.18.31-12142063 Tue Jan 211:59 32 KST 201B Build number NRD90M.G93JTUVS1BRA1 SF for Android status Fnforring SEPF SECMOBILE 7.0 00S TueJan 02 12:04:33 2018 Knox version Knox 27.1 Standad SDK 5.7.1 Premium SDK2. Customzation soK 2.7.1 Contoincr 231 CEP 2.1 Enterpise Billng 1.20 OTF 2.6.0 SE fur Arhi 243 SSC 2.5.0 Sha ed Device 2 6.0 TIMA 3.3.013 PN 2.300 FCC certifiza.ion FCC ID. A3LSMG93CUS RATED DC 9 V, 1.67A Battery capacity 3000 mAh

userhFnabBNMbs
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have seen a lot of people's posts about the fast charge not working.  I think it is an issue that Samsung refuses to acknowledge.

My S7 edge was working fine until a few weeks ago.  Both wireless charger and wall charger Q3 worked great.  It would charge from empty in some 30 some minutes.  Now it takes about 7 hours.

I have tried many different cables and chargers (i work on IT so I have tons of accessories) and nothing made a difference.

Support told me that I had to send the phone as factory reset, safe mode, and clearing the cache partition didn't make a difference.

I don't want to send my phone in for 2 weeks so I am still thinking about my options.  I might just trade it in with verizon for an iphone as I am very pissed at Samsung.

good luck.

Iamnotanidiot
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem after updates samsung and other so called experts will say its everthing except software. My fast charger toggle turns off once plugged in and only standard charging is allowed.  I jave two exact phone one has the update the other dosnt

Iamnotanidiot
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Just in case you cannot understand for some reason just like everyone else we have done everything you have previously mentioned in the 13 pages of help please. I dont know if they are ligit that say clearing the cache fixed the problem i have done this and every thing else 4 time cords........... its software. Is this due to fastcharging might be tje thing that catches you phone on fire so you have stopped us?
Franzkb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I recently purchased a refurbished samsung galaxy s7. It will not fast charge. I have wiped the cache, I have made sure the fast charging is on in thr system settings. I did a factory reset, and I bought another oem charger at best buy for $30. What else can I do?

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Franzkb

Can I have your full model code, baseband version, and carrier information?

Franzkb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

SM-G930T

G930TUVU4CRF1

BUILD: R16NW.G930TUVU4CRF1

TMOBILE

Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Are you using a Samsung cable to charge with or a third party cable?

Franzkb
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought another samsung oem cable two weeks ago at best buy. I think the one that came with the phone was kem also.