cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supernova

Re: S7 active phone will not fast charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, would everyone who is having this concern provide me with your Baseband Version, Carrier and model number?

You can find most of this information in Setting > About Phone. Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Reakwon1987
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This exact same thing happened to me approximately 2-3 days ago. Have done the suggested troubleshooting, short of sending it in for repairs. Please advise.

Baseband: G930W8VLS3BRA2

Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Model: SM-G930W8

klb4n6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Baseband:  G930VVRS4BRA1

Carrier: Verizon

Model number:  SM-G930V

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for that information, @klb4n6. Have you attempted to remove any applications?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

klb4n6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

No. It started fast charging again, which I assume will last until the next software update.

userfX4FvUN0eQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've tried everything on these feeds also, nothing...mine stopped fast charging after the update in December and I had only had the phone for 3 months...

Samsung Galaxy S7

Baseband Version is: G930PVPS5BRA1

Model number: SM-G930P

Carrier: Sprint

Nothing I've tried at your suggestions have worked...and I use all Samsung fast charging plugs, including the car charger.

I have never had anything but Samsungs...well, except when I first got a phone in 1996...however, after this one, if it can't be fixed, I'm trying something else.  This is very aggravating...the phone won't even stay charged half a day anymore.

Lee4guy@aol.com

Supernova

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey, thanks for reaching out with that information. I'm sorry to hear that you are still having this difficulty after attempting those steps.

As your device is an international device, I can only speculate as to the cause as we do not have devices to test with. I would suggest reaching out your regional support for the best level of support.

If you need help with anything else, please let our community know, and they will be happy to help!

amkd
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Having the EXACT same issues all others are having with fast charging, and I have done ALL things you've suggested... no change!

SM-G930P

G930PVPS5BRA1

SPRINT

userfwptzywb9E
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I too have this problem. It is obvious that there was a software update with Tmobile which has caused my S7 to stop fast charging. It had JUST received a warranty exchange about a month or so. Fast charging stopped on a random night about a week and a half ago. So I walked into the cell carrier store, they saw that In FACT is Not fast charging like their brand new phones, so they ordered me a New replacement. I get my phone 4 days later and it works Just fine, fast charging at the store and fast charging At home as well. Since its a 'new' phone (I'm pretty sure its refurbished), it started getting all the tmobile updates and It STOPPED fast charging. It is now 4 days and Yes, Im 100% sure the fast charging option is set, the cord and charger is The same, and No, there is No damage to the phone. Its less than a week old out of the box. This is very inconvenient. I paid for a Samsung device and now I cant even unplug the phone for at least 6 hrs before its fully charged??? Oh but also, I was chatting w A Samsung rep, already explain All of this, and he tells me he can get me a reference number of some sort. All I got was Chat has ended. Very disappointed. I'M never purchasing another Samsung Device. Makes me very sad since Ive been a faithful customer since the Galaxy S line first came out. 

userUsrKHoBLI8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a S7. After the last update the phone no longer has the Fast Cable Charging option, only The Fast Wireless Charging option.  Why?