cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S7 active phone will not fast charge

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the model number, baseband version and software version of your current phone?

userVfgCWQSyVe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That must be it...after my last update l've noticed it just won't charge and drains super crazy fast.  I don't know what "fast charge" mode is, but l do k  know it used to charge much faster.

Dang, this is the first phone l've ever had that' (way) over my normal $200 cap...it will cost me $175 WITH insurance to replace it.

I feel robbed 😕.

userY6TOU7Tsew
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am using the original charger and the usb cord. The fast charging option is also active in the software. Yet the phone charges slow almost all the time. Giving it to the service center for this issue is really not an option as it is terribly incovenient to be without a phone for the period that they will need to check the phone.

Is there any solution that has been overlooked?

userqrSg9rMC5j
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Very helpful advice. Never knew any of that. Got my S7 about 14 months ago, almost paid off, lol, and I'm gonna enjoy that my  monthly bill will be about $30 some dollars cheaper a month. LOVE MY  S7 !!!!! It suits my needs for a smartphone . Does everything I want. I don't care if the S9 does blah, blah, blah. Maybe in 2 or 3 yrs when my S7 is conpcomple outdated. Back to charging. I recently purchased and returned 2 days later, the wireless pad/charger that I got from my carrier Sprint. Didn't see much difference in charging time between that and my regular cord. All setting were set for wireless pad. When I got it home and hooked it up and started charging my cell it charged VERY SLOW so I googled info on it. Sprint store said the one I got would work for S7 but when I googled it found out the one Sprint said would work .. well webpage said forS5 and older. May try the fast charge cord.

userjSma6MoHRa
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just another idea in recovery.  I just had a using dream wherer I was in charge and did hary a Yeard (Prison) that was out of control.  I am trying to do thiings diffrent. I am going to get a nap and later focus on me, and not training the way I am (Self recognition and open brutal honestty), and the way I treat occustomers (the way I treat the general public anyway).  Another thing, the original reason I am even in this group, My phone seems to have stopped fast chargin.

After 4 hours of research and trying ALL of the adapters I own, I have determined that my issue is not the phone; it's the charger.  I am using the original samsung "adapter" type.  My origimal either will not charge, or a get an error message the presence of a "weak" charger.  I am currently using an LG charger and it is working just fine; just without fast charging.

userHmE5emCBit
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is this thread marked as solved?

While it is true that some folks have solved their fast charging issue, many have not!

So I did an experiement which I think proves this is a Samsung issue, not a user issue.

My S7 Active has had this problem since the day I unboxed it using only the charger and cable that came in the sealed box.  I plug it in and often it only goes to slow charge.  Ususally, I can get it to go into fast charge by unplugging it and plugging it in repeatedly.  At some point (4-7 tries usually) I goes into fast charge.

So here was my experiment:

I plugged the fast charger into a floor outlet that has a wall switch wired to it.  This is to provide for an easy way to turn floorlamps off and on.  Once the S7 was plugged in, as usual, it went into normal (slow) charge mode.  I then turned the wall switch off and on several times and eventually , as usual, it wnet into fast charge.  By using the wall switched outlet, I was able to eliminate the charging block and the cable as culprits, as I never touched them.  Turning the power on and off to the outlet produced the results.  This is either a software issue or a circuitry issue within the phone itself.

Samsung, you need to come clean on this, as it is starting to cost your customers!

klb4n6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

THANK YOU!

I just unplugged and plugged my phone back in, I think I did it 4 times and now my phone is fast charging  (at least for now).

And I agree, definitely a problem with Samsung and not user error!

klb4n6
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Oh well. Worked once, won't do it now.

Back to a crappy slow charge with this sh*tty phone!!!

userZA05KIVBOm
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Please let me know how can i enable slow charging error message.i clicked on dont show next time and i am worroed now

user0Om2c2K5hc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So the solution is to use the OEM charger and cable that came with the phone. That isn't working for me. "Check the USB wire?". It's checked. Now what?