cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MrWrong81
Asteroid

S7, batt heats up, chargers slow, and dispenses too fast.

S7 gets too hot. both while charging and not. even on fast charge WL/wired charges slow, also even if turned off and Batt drains fast. idk what to do. I've worked out once already just bought this phone

~Mr.Wrong1~
8 REPLIES 8
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: S7, batt heats up, chargers slow, and dispenses too fast.

Did you try it in safe mode? 

MrWrong81
Asteroid

no what is the process and what do I do when I'm in safe...

no what is the process and what do I do when I'm in safe mode

~Mr.Wrong1~
Highlighted
Samsung Care Ambassador

Re: no what is the process and what do I do when I'm in safe...

To turn on safe mode..  press the power button until the options appear. Than long  press the power off option.  A fly out will appear that says safe mode. Tap it.  Your phone will bit into safe mode... 

Fyi it isn't that your safe or not. . it just disables third party apps from running.  A great diagnostic tool that might save you from factory reseting the device. 

The reason I recommend it was because your problem is with access heat and fast battery drain.  I know that some third party apps still cause this issue and narrowing it what app,  if any might help you  @MrWrong81 

Siheed
Constellation

The charger port might be damaged

The charger port might be damaged

MrWrong81
Asteroid

ok. if so what can I do to fix it? is there a work around...

ok. if so what can I do to fix it? is there a work around or what are my other options

~Mr.Wrong1~
Siheed
Constellation

Any store that fix phones, just tell then to fix the port

Any store that fix phones, just tell then to fix the port

MrWrong81
Asteroid

ok cool

ok cool

~Mr.Wrong1~
OxygenLess
Astronaut

May not be a port issue like some have been saying. The 7...

May not be a port issue like some have been saying.

The 7 series is notoriously bad when it comes to charging issues and heat. Its partly why I stopped using my s7 edge. Do NOT leave the phone in your bed or under a pillow/blanket. It needs to be in open air while charging. Otherwise it can overheat and damage the phone. It's how mine got a bit messed up. It has problems cooling down. Depending on firmware the phone itself also runs hot and if you are on performance mode itll heat up unless you go back to normal.

Buy a new cord if you have slow charge issues. The micro-USB to me is the worst port ever made. The prongs always get bent and the cord always needs replacing. Honestly doesnt matter if it's a "good" or cheap brand because the prongs are the thing that goes bad first not the internal cord itself. A new cord could solve the charge issue.

Otherwise try restarting/ uninstalling programs if you are near capacity and check your device manager / battery settings samsung apps to see if there are any problems. From there if that doesnt fix then like some other comments suggest maybe take it in to get it looked at.

Hope this helps!