cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user884mk4Mukh
Constellation

S7 bricked phone due to Sept patch

Up until Saturday (Oct 12th) my phone had been working fine.  On Oct 11th I put my phone on the charger and went to bed.  I woke up to a blinking blue light and an unresponsive phone.  Holding down the power and volume down button cause it to enter the "RECOVERY BOOT..." loop.  At this point I couldnt power it down or get it into any other state other then the recovery boot loop.  The blue light remained solid at this point.

After unsuccesfully trying to get into safe mode on my own and with the help of samsung chat support (Oct 12th) I went to my local UBREAKIFIX (Oct 13th).  When I showed up they were already working on two other samsung phones that were in the same recovery loop, so it seems that this bad update is breaking older phones.  Unfortunately they said that the bad update caused a recovery loop which bricked my phone and they were unable to do anything for it.  Please let me know if there might be anything else I could try.

2 REPLIES 2
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

Re: S7 bricked phone due to Sept patch

Try the troubleshooting steps here: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01001475/. If this is unsuccessful, service repairs would be needed.

Highlighted
Natey
Halo

Re: S7 bricked phone due to Sept patch

Thanks for the heads up. What patch was it?

I'm on G930TUVSACSG1 and it is working and it appears to be the latest (as of 10/16/2019) with no pending updates.

I've turned off auto-updates.