Original topic:

S7 camera fail, all solutions ineffective. NOT hardware

(Topic created: 07-30-2021 08:07 AM)
userEiAQP2HaZh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Abut 10 days ago, my S7 battery died. After charging, the camera showed a black screen with a popup message "Warning: camera failed ".  remedies tried:

>restart

>turn off overnight

>clear camera cache and data

>clear PHONE cache (after this, the camera came on and I got a view, but didn't take any pictures. 20 minutes later when I tried to open the camera for a picture, back to "Warning: Camera Failed)

>since internal storage AND the 32GB memory card were about 1GB each from  full, I installed a 128GB card and moved everything possible to the memory card. Now internal storage is 27.3 GB with 4.7 GB space and SD card is 4.9GB used 119.1GB available. still no camera.

App issue report: 9 apps causing issues, none is new, none is camera

3rd party camera app loads, black screen. CamScanner, which uses the camera to produce PDFs of documents, shows black screen.

HARDWARE: replacing the original battery (which didn't last more than 6 hours) which gives a "hard reboot" like taking the battery pout of older phones didn't help.  Replacing the physical camera didn't help.

I have backed up the storage and expect to try a factory reboot. Others don't offer much hope this will work.

5 Replies
MrJell_Lee
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

wow you did quite a lot of testing and trouble shoots....

since you've already had the cam replaced and yet still experiencing the issue.

I would suggest submitting an error report to Samsung Members app post reproduction of the issue, software related issues should be detectable through this process. 

May I ask, what is the software version? also the device's model number

userEiAQP2HaZh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

Model # SM-G930V

SOFTWARE:

Android version: 8.0.0

Samsung Experience version: 9.0

Baseband version: G930VVRSBCTC1

Kernel version, 3.18.71, dpi@SWDH7010 #1, Tue Mar 17 15:57:04 KST 2020

Build number: R16NW.G930VVRSBCTC1

SE for Android status: Enforcing SEPF_SM-G930V_8.0.0_0016 tUE mAR 17 16:08:37 2020

Knox version: Knox 3.1, Knox API level 25,TIMA 3.3.0

Security software version: MDF v3.1 Release 2, WLAN v1.0 Release 1, VPN PP-MOD V2.0.0 NRelease 180123,ASKS v2.0.0 Release 180123, FIPS BoringSSL v1.2, FIPS SKC V1.7, FIPS SCrypto v1.0, SMR Dec-2019 Release 1

Android security patch level: Dec 1, 2019

[Yes, I'm thorough. Inspectors are trained for that--and it helps to be mildly OCD. ;^D

0 Likes
userEiAQP2HaZh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

"I would suggest submitting an error report to Samsung Members app post reproduction of the issue, software related issues should be detectable through this process."

I'm leaving for a week on Saturday and may need to do that after I return. It will suck needing to take a separate camera.

0 Likes
MrJell_Lee
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy S Phones

the submission can be done on the phone itself. if you don't have the app already (which you might not, I think they began preinstalling starting with last 1,2generation of devices) just download it from the app store (possibly Galaxy Store).

You just attempt to open cam and if it shows cam fail then using the app, submit error report.

if it does open and 'fails' mid-using the cam then... same thing. immediately take the screen shot of the error message and submit error report.

Once you do that there's not much else to do than wait for Samsung techs to get back to you.

Depending on how frequent the issue occurs, it could just take you 5 minutes.

0 Likes
userEiAQP2HaZh
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy S Phones

"the submission can be done on the phone itself. if you don't have the app already (which you might not, I think they began preinstalling starting with last 1,2generation of devices) just download it from the app store (possibly Galaxy Store)."

I downloaded the App. It wouldn't download from the Samsung store [:^(], so I used the Google Play store. It consistently fails on my phone. No way to directly contact the Samsung  developers. The e-mail listed on the Galaxy store page for the app does not allow conversations--just a one-time report (me) and acknowledgement (them).

I haven't given up yet. I'm certain that the solution is known, but they want me to give up and but a new phone. I think they are trying to get me to do that. :^(

Thanks for your help so far.

0 Likes