Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
user05ZGgSjj3g
Constellation

S7 changed my time zone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have had my S7 Edge for less than a week when this morning my alarm claock went off 2 hours early. The time on the notifcation bar said 6:30am (alarm time) but the larger widget display and the display on the locked screen said 4:30am (which was the correct time). I went into DATE and TIME and saw that the automatic feature changed to Central time instead of Pacific that it has been for the week. I turned it to manual and when I checked periodically the rest of the day, it had finally changed back to pacific time after 6 hours give or take. 

My sister has the regular S7 and she experienced the same thing. It this an S7 issue? Or a new glitch, an old one with a fix, or what? I am keeping it on manual for now as I use the phone alarm daily. But this was not cool. Thankfully it didn't changed the opposite way! LOL. 

Anyone have any information about this issue or advice? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Black Hole

Re: S7 changed my time zone

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the update, @user05ZGgSjj3g

Of course, just check back in anytime if you are in need of any other help with this or it comes up again. 

Have a great day!

30 REPLIES 30
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello there, @user05ZGgSjj3g. We're glad you reached out here with your concern.

Do you recall getting any operating system updates or app updates recently? Maybe something updated and changed the time zone for some reason. Alternately, if you can't recall any updates, can you check for some? Maybe something is just a bit out of date.

Certainly keep an eye on the time zone setting and let us know if it shifts again!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

user05ZGgSjj3g
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
The last update was the 28th, 4 days before this happened. It has not happened since on my sisters phone (she kept it on automatic date and time and I am manual for now). I will definitely keep an eye on it.

Thanks for the advice and help, SamsungViv!
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for the update, @user05ZGgSjj3g

Of course, just check back in anytime if you are in need of any other help with this or it comes up again. 

Have a great day!

useryG3pJZCspi
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I did receive an update to my phone and after it has the time zone as alaska. this is a Pacific time zone. it's not even an option in the settings to select. the same thing has happened with my husband's s7. is there a fix for this?

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there folks.

Not exactly sure why the time zone would change. Perhaps it had something to do with not just the update but also the time change this last week.

Try going to Settings>Date and Time. From there check to see if "Automatic date and time" is on. Try toggling off and on. If things are still wrong, turn that off and then go to "Select Time Zone". Pacific Daylight Time (GMT-7:00) should be toward the very top.  Smiley Happy

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

userycXN7Gmvu7
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I am having the same issue. My phone randomly goes to central time zone....im in eastern time zone.  I've rebooted my. I've reset my phone. I've powered off. I've cleared all cache. Made sure my phone was updated to the latest software. And it still doing this. Very inconvenient as it has made me late for work several times.  Is there a fix for this???? 

userwEIgaJLLWd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the S8 and it does the same thing - change from Pacific time to Central, even when I put it in manual or automatic time, and it is updated software.  Did you find a solution?  This is nuts!  It happens every other day. 

userXJ3Za5b5mR
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Still happening on S7 when auto time is ON.  Have recent updates installed, reboot doesn't fix, am hours away from where the time zone changes  (so not connecting to other towers) We travel, and daylight savings time is coming up. so not being able to have it auto sync the time is incredibly annoying. And on the east coast of US, this bug means I'm an hour late instead of early if I don't catch it or alarm fails (which has happened) Our phones have 2 jobs, communication and time keeping. Please fix this. Switching to manual is not fixing it.

userssAjuPAt2G
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yes, it is very annoying! My phone has set itself an hour ahead twice this week! I need all the sleep I can get and it really sucks to have my alaem go off an hour earlier than it should. Everything is up to date.