cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

S7 edge Mms only on WiFi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My Verizon S7 edge will only send out receive Mms (group, picture, anything) when connected to WiFi. It does this using Verizon messages or the Samsung app.

Incoming will show a download button but won't complete and will come back. Outgoing will constantly show sending. I assumed there was a setting I was missing but I can't find it or record of other discussions around it.  

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S7 edge Mms only on WiFi

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It just took a restart to fix this morning. I don't know if it came with an update that needed to refresh or what but everything seems to be fine 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

You could try taking a peak inside of your Messaging settings. To do this you'll want to open your stock messaging app, and in the top right you'll see the "More" button to press. This should drop down a menu from which you can select "Settings" and have it take you to those messaging settings altogether. In that menu go down to the selection "More Settings" and give that a press, followed by selecting "Multimedia messages". Poke around in there, make sure there's no restrictions set for your device.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It just took a restart to fix this morning. I don't know if it came with an update that needed to refresh or what but everything seems to be fine 

View solution in original post

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well thank you for clarifying! Glad that everything worked out for you. Remember, a good restart for your device in general after a week or so actually helps the device when clearing out unwanted stuff. Should any other problems pop up, feel free to reach out to me via PM, or make a new thread so that the Community & myself can take a crack at it.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same problem and I can't find a solution! So frustrating. I can't send pics or recieve group texts if I'm using my phone's data.