cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
usereh6M5XZvMn
Constellation

Re: S7 edge not compatible with samsung pay?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

If no solution available yet, then is it even being considered?  

Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, everyone.

Compatibility of Samsung Pay requires the use of a device created for that market,

To use Samsung Pay, you need the following:

• compatible Samsung device*
  • A supported payment card from a participating bank
  • A Samsung account
  • A registered fingerprint or Samsung Pay PIN
  • To be located in the country of the participating bank**

You may also refer to the link provided here: Samsung Pay Compatibility for additional information. 

Highlighted
usereh6M5XZvMn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you for that info.  Most of it I've already found on the web.  But my question is, the unlock phone is for the global market....the world.  So wouldn't it make sense a phone created to work anywhere in the world, work in the U.S. with Samsung Pay?  I can understand if I installed the app in the U.S. then went overseas and it would stop working.  But we are talking about it working on the phone period.  I'm just trying to understand why Samsung decided to go about it this way.  It doesn't make sense to me.  Granted that I don't have all the inside info either.  Thank you.

user0eeq3Z4Svy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I see news that Samsung will expand Samsung pay globally. Is this mean we need to buy S7 for each of the region to able to use Samsung Pay? I originally think that international version would be better support devices. 

userSxF9yNNgT2
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi.  Can we clear it once again, please..? - That means International version of Galaxy S7 will not be compatible with Samsung Pay? Never, or..?

user1pkU0fayOW
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Sir i have purchase me s7 edge from (public.gr) ioannina greece.. price 699€ . And its not compitable for samsung pay app. Can u help me please how could i install it ???
userO97fQRk9o5
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I bought my phone from the Bell and it's locked with same carrier still my phone doesn't compatible for Samsung pay???

userHXoZoiUgFj
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi SamsungJay,

I guess the hardware supporting samsung pay authentication and communication will remain same across world for a model.

- Is it that the software compatibility based on region is an issue?

- Can you confirm if the international devices can be ever supported to use samsung pay at a different region?

- Is there any scope in existing hardware to support by updating software in coming days? 

- Or Users who have already bought these international devices will never get to use Samsung pay feature at all?

Appretiate your comments.

Thanks in advance

userpKxFF6CvyM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Seriously, what the hell Samsung? Why wouldn't you let users use the PAY app outside the phones country of origin? IMO, it should work as long as you are in a country where PAY has been launched.
userrLcOjONFex
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Samsung 

Why is my phone S7 edge not compatible for Samsung pay. This is the reason i purchased it. Very disappointing. This is the biggest problem. No uniformity. Please make the unlocked/international ones compatible with Samsung pay