cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T-Cents
Constellation

S7 edge not compatible with samsung pay?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

About a month ago i bought an unlocked S7 edge through Amazon. For some reason Google Play wont let me download the samsung pay app because my device isnt so-called compatible. Its quite frustrating. Is there any solution to this? Am i alone here? Contacting Samsung support is practically impossible so i decided to try my luck with the community. PLEASE HELP

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
SamsungJay
Cosmic Ray

Re: S7 edge not compatible with samsung pay?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, and welcome to the Samsung Community. There is some information we'd like to pass along. First, we'd recommend only getting your devices from authorized retailers. Many times, Amazon is not the actual seller, but the distributor.  With this being the case, you are taking the risk of purchasing an international device. Keep in mind, Samsung Pay is not compatible with unlocked or international devices.  If your device fits into either of these categories, Samsung Pay isn't available for your device. ^Jay

61 REPLIES 61
Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Have you tried the Galaxy store? Galaxy App should be on your phone.

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

T-Cents
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yes, but samsung pay doesnt ever come up in the Galaxy store. It doesnt come up when i search for samsung pay nor does it show under the "tools" category
Highlighted
SamsungJay
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello, and welcome to the Samsung Community. There is some information we'd like to pass along. First, we'd recommend only getting your devices from authorized retailers. Many times, Amazon is not the actual seller, but the distributor.  With this being the case, you are taking the risk of purchasing an international device. Keep in mind, Samsung Pay is not compatible with unlocked or international devices.  If your device fits into either of these categories, Samsung Pay isn't available for your device. ^Jay

Chrono539
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Good evening, 

I got my S7 Edge a little over a month ago and I love it so far.  However, my Samsung Pay is not currently working.  I did request a temporary unlock from T-Mobile for July since we spent time overseas. We are now back in the U. S. but the temporary unlock won't expire until a couple of days.  Could this be the reason why my Samsung Pay is not currently working? 

Thank you for your time reading this.  Looking forward to your response.  - Miguel 

Neutron Star

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Chrono539

I doubt it. My S7 is fully unlocked (Bought from T-Mobile and unlocked by the T-Mobile app). Samsung Pay is working fine from day one. 

Maybe if you can tell us what is not working. 

Superman on Galaxy S7 SM-G930T, T-Mobile, Baseband:G930TUVY3APIA
To OP: click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Siyam
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also brought it from Samsung show room but it says it isn't compatible for samsung pay 

useruQaOeF4nli
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also brought it from Samsung show room in Dubai but it says it isn't compatible for samsung pay. 

userpKxFF6CvyM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Pretty stupid of Samusng! SPay should work in any country where the service is provided and shouldnt be limited to regional devices! WTF!?

userl4XwQ1D035
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

my nougat 7 update had the Pay already installed so if have that version check see if already installed..