cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userg5tqARJcId
Astronaut

Re: S7 edge not compatible with samsung pay?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So which countries is it available in? I bought mine directly from Samsung in the UK, and I've got the same issue. 

userpKxFF6CvyM
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a pretty messed up situation. The phone needs to be used in the country of origin. And the country of origin needs to have Pay officially available. So the International variant of S7 is incompatible -_- and sadly this variant is available all over the world and many have bought it. Mine is a International cersion with UAE firmware and won't work in India even though both the countries have Pay available. Samsung should have just  allowed it to work in all countries where it is released. 

useroFHXWihm0r
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

agree. this is more expected from apple bullying

user0eeq3Z4Svy
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

http://www.samsung.com/ae/samsung-pay/

the UAE and has been launched in South Korea, United States (USA), China, Spain, Singapore, Australia, Puerto Rico, Brazil, Russia,Thailand, Malaysia and India. Samsung is working to expand Samsung Pay to additional regions.

userHdjpGsikYo
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Ive bought my s7 edge from softlogic but cant download the app. It says that its not compatible to my device. Pls help me to solve this
userO6N1ovym3I
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJay wrote:

Hello, and welcome to the Samsung Community. There is some information we'd like to pass along. First, we'd recommend only getting your devices from authorized retailers. Many times, Amazon is not the actual seller, but the distributor.  With this being the case, you are taking the risk of purchasing an international device. Keep in mind, Samsung Pay is not compatible with unlocked or international devices.  If your device fits into either of these categories, Samsung Pay isn't available for your device. ^Jay

I bought my Samsung S7 Edge from a Rogers store and Samsung pay is not compatible with my phone. You said it should work if you buy it from a retailer, I did and it still does not work.

userrQ4lvBKNT3
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

As they stated, authorized retailers, selling US stock.  Check the list:

http://www.samsung.com/us/peaceofmind/diresellers/diresellers.html

No Rogers...

I empathise however because I can't use it either.  I bought mine off eBay from Hong Kong because they don't sell the dual sim version in the US.  Despite living in the US and Australia, both Samsung Pay markets, I can't load it on my device.  It sure takes the "international" out of international....

userEj1rMyMUcu
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And then, when our contract expires and we decide to unlock for any network samsung pay would not be available because it has been unlocked.

so in other words samsung pay is so tied up to carriers and is only really useful so long as you remain tied to a contract...out of contract, its useless.

Everything is a scam nowadays

useroFHXWihm0r
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

why. what difference does it .ake. it is a samsung phone

usermhXzk2XYXL
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@SamsungJay wrote:

Hello, and welcome to the Samsung Community. There is some information we'd like to pass along. First, we'd recommend only getting your devices from authorized retailers. Many times, Amazon is not the actual seller, but the distributor.  With this being the case, you are taking the risk of purchasing an international device. Keep in mind, Samsung Pay is not compatible with unlocked or international devices.  If your device fits into either of these categories, Samsung Pay isn't available for your device. ^Jay

I purchased my S7 edge directly  from Samsung Canada store, all updates have been installed but Samsung Pay on Google play says it is not compatible and obviously won't show up on the list on Samsung app store!?