cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S7 edge not compatible with samsung pay?

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jay: I am rather disappointed with the answer you gave unless Samsung has recently changed their policy.

I bought an unlocked S7 Edge at Best Buy almost a year ago. I installed Samsung Pay and it has been working great. So how can you say it is not supported for an unlocked phone from one of Samsung's authorized dealers???

The problem now is a bubble alert on the App telling me there is an update, and when I go to get the update, it says that the new version is not compatible with my device!

So, is it no longer supported at all and the next time I try to use the currently installed version it will not work? Our will it limp along until Samsung breaks it for good?

And how do I get rid of the bubble alert? The only way seems to be to install the update, but I can't do that. I also do not want to uninstall the app of it still works.

HELP!!!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm having the same issue on my S7 and just like you I bought it unlocked from Best Buy.

I've been using Samsung Pay since I got my phone, so no I don't buy the unlocked phone issue.

For now I hid the flag by holding the icon until it gave me the option.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

What is the  device is NOT international but USA domestic and purchased through Samsung? I purchased the device through Republic Wireless  that is a Samsung partner in the USA. Please note I could setup samsung pray, just not update it through the app store, why would that be? Thank you in advance.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why is Samsung pay not available because you buy an unlocked phone??? People buy unlocked phones. 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usereBtmVMnIH9

This was a safety measure requested by banks and credit card companies before they would agree to participate. It's their for the safety of your money. I know it's frustrating though because people buy unlocked phone or unlock them from their current carrier to go to a different one all the time.  =/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, new to thread. I have had an S7 edge with Samsung pay on it the whole time. Worked a treat for a year. Then, I had to send it back on insurance to Orange where from I bought it. They replaced it with a new one, not refurbished, brand new. And now when I go to playstore to download it again, I get "your device isn't compatible with this version"

But it's the same make and model as old one. Pls help. Many thanks 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Why not? It is quite stupid that just because I bought my S7 Edge on amazon (because the silver version was not available in my country) I can't use Samsung Pay.  I just cannot see the logic behind this, please enlightened me //frustrated customer

Highlighted
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usernduj1A5Mf9 can you please provide me with your full model number and service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thing is Samsung is not allowing this 'samsung pay' app as freely available. They are taking money from carriers and only contract phones has 'Over-the-air' OTA updates for such phones to use Samsung Pay. 

If you buy unlocked phone thinking Samsung will allow you to use Samsung pay, dear friend you are wrong.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Jay's solution is not a solution at all.  I bought my S7 Edge from Best Buy, Unlocked, brand new.  Got tired of Sprint trying to force me into a lease.  I use Sprint service with a Sprint sim installed.  I was able to download Samsung pay but haven't been able to get it to work at brick and mortar stores.  Can use it online.  Now, it tells me there's an update.  When I go to update it says my phone is not compatible.  What?!?  Makes no sense.