cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
userfuh4FteO3Z
Constellation

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I found out that applying pressure on top of the screen where the Samsung logo is makes the line go away.  As my phone is out of warranty I used a clip.  See the pic attached.  It works:-)!

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thank you @userfuh4FteO3Z for making me smile/laugh today. That is a very interesting solution you have there. You can always reach out to Samsung Support though and let them know you're experiencing that pink line. They should be able to set you up with an evaluation and hopefully let you know what's going on, with or without warranty.

But that's completely up to you. If you enjoy the clip, then by all means. I can only imagine all the uses you get out of it, like hanging it on a tack while working, haha. I would totally do this.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

Highlighted
usern87GKMoCgG
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Chatted with Samsung US Support about this issue (developed pink line on right side of screen, top to bottom).  Phone is just past 1 year warranty -- within 30 days expired.  They told me to send in the device (after checking my serial number etc.).  Was certain that it was going to be repaired, but instead once my device arrived at their repair facility they sent me a bill for $270 instead.   No physical or water damage to the device.  Have requested that they send the device back.  As for now, I think I am done with Samsung after this very bad customer experience. 

Note to Samsung US: you have gained popularity but need to support your customers when there are legitimate issues NOT caused by the user. I fully expect this will end up in a recall after when enough users complain.  1 year of use from a phone is completely unacceptable. 

userZAhZNfK6e3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usern87GKMoCgG wrote:

Chatted with Samsung US Support about this issue (developed pink line on right side of screen, top to bottom).  Phone is just past 1 year warranty -- within 30 days expired.  They told me to send in the device (after checking my serial number etc.).  Was certain that it was going to be repaired, but instead once my device arrived at their repair facility they sent me a bill for $270 instead.   No physical or water damage to the device.  Have requested that they send the device back.  As for now, I think I am done with Samsung after this very bad customer experience. 

Note to Samsung US: you have gained popularity but need to support your customers when there are legitimate issues NOT caused by the user. I fully expect this will end up in a recall after when enough users complain.  1 year of use from a phone is completely unacceptable. 

That certainly doesn't sound fair/right. I'd get in contact with higher level support and get things sorted. Make sure to show them that you posted on the forums and are an active member that always helps.

I was thinking about getting the S7, but it appears I might as well get the S8 huh?

Either way, I've seen other companies do right eventhough they are out of warranty, keep us updated.

user4m4YKofK4x
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same issue, samsung refused to repaire.  

usereQwc6sKtPP
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Same issue here, UK S7 Edge.
user4y5DcDGqB3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

to fix pink line press on top off the samsung logo if the line get bright then there the fault what you do get a hair dryer

make sure it on hot heat

part press down on the top part not too  hard then keep presing with  heat and keep  pressing down  until it goes away fixed my phone like that hope it works 

user4y5DcDGqB3
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

press the top off your screen by the samsung logo if its get bright there your promblem what you do next is get your hair dryier put it on max heat heat the top press dont gently dont heat it up to much the line will go if not check if samsung will repair it under warannty 

userRZiBffhEak
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also suffer from this on my Galaxy S7 Edge. Sending to repair. Last week it happened only once in a while but now it is almost all the time. I'm very suprised to see so many people here that are also suffering from this. Clearly something is wrong with that expensive device. This smartphone is the most expensive one I ever bought and also the first one that I had to send to repair. Hopefully the repair will last long.

userE5zZPExNLO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, I talked to Samsung internaciomal customer service and did not give solution. They minimize the problem as an isolated fact.

I think we should make a general complaint together to solve this problem of all S7.