Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Manufacturer is what I have been told. There really isn't any damage

usertit9J9Q8P0
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used to be one of samsung loyal fans and tried many samsung models

But this frustrating pink line prove that its time to say goodbye to samsung and say hello to iphone.

This pink line really pisses me off

And it seems like no one is holding accountibility.

Hey Samsung it's time to wake up and put an end to your horrible customer service

Spencerjedi
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a pink line in the exact same spot too!

Must be a defect in the production of this batch.

userCgVMRCvkcw
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

They want me to send my phone and be without a phone. This sucks. This will be last time i buy Samsung

usernfHe1FObnQ
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is really a joke...... or maybe they are serious?

I asked them at the service centre, " do you expect me buy a spare phone everytime I buy a new Samsung phone ?"

This is ridiculous on Samsung's part.  

Samsung is defnitely still having quality issues with their phones.  Being expensive with such poor quality is not acceptable

ZHQ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Last night, I set my fully charged S7 edge on the table. This morning, when I picked up the device, neither a press of the power button nor a press of the home button would illuminate the display. It was a completely black screen. Since the LED, the app sounds, and the hardware keys were working, I knew the phone was still powered on. It was clear that the display had failed.

In order to power off the phone, I had to try and remember (or guess) where and when to tap on the screen. Somehow I was successful at doing that and managed to power off the device.

When I placed the phone on the fast charging pad, the battery display flashed on and off 2 or 3 times before remaining on screen. But this time it had a bright pink line along one of the screen's edges - i.e., on the right-hand side when facing the screen. Each time, the battery display timed out and the screen went black, I could press the power button to make the battery status representation reappear again. But that didn't last. About 20 minutes later the screen would not illuminate with the battery display any longer. It just remained black

I've had this S7 edge since January. I got it brand-new in a factory sealed box and it has never been dropped or exposed to moisture, much less submersed in water. About two weeks ago, the AOD (night-clock mode) began displaying with a gray background instead of a black one. I have a suspicion this may be related to the inoperable display and the bright pink line, but I'm unsure.

I did not get this phone through my cell service carrier or purchase a warranty plan for it. I've read that several people with the pink line issue who received their phones back from Samsung's repair department have experienced a relapse of the problem. I'm thus unsure what my best option may be.

Does anyone have thoughts on my situation?
usersozwgoAhsv
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Phoned Samsung repair, RSI, in Texas.  They knew about the pink line problem and told me to send the phone in for repair which I did today.  Everything was organized, emailed me a UPS prepaid label with instructions to backup phone using Samsung Smart Switch which they helped me with, must take out the SIM card and SD card, and told me it would take 5-7 working days for the completion and return.  Phone is out of warranty and the price for the screen repair is 75.00.  I used the method to delete the line shown on this site which it did, but the line would always come back. 

userzCrHbL19to
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's a software issue I've got the same thing on mine I recently updated the samsung edge apps and it started doing this, you don't have to put pressure on the top right hand corner there is a sensor there cover it and scroll down the line goes away it seems as if it's got something to do with auto brightness and the update. Either way not good enough thus is not a cheap device and for those who had to downgrade from the note 7 to the s7 edge this is just another reason why s7 edge will be their last samsung device 

Highlighted
ZHQ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Last night, I set my fully charged S7 edge on the table. This morning, when I picked up the device, neither a press of the power button nor a press of the home button would illuminate the display. It was a completely black screen. Since the LED, the app sounds, and the hardware keys were working, I knew the phone was still powered on. It was clear that the display had failed.

In order to power off the phone, I had to try and remember (or guess) where and when to tap on the screen. Somehow I was successful at doing that and managed to power off the device.

When I placed the phone on the fast charging pad, the battery display flashed on and off 2 or 3 times before remaining on screen. But this time it had a bright pink line along one of the screen's edges - i.e., on the right-hand side when facing the screen. Each time the battery display timed out and the screen went black, I could press the power button to make the battery status representation reappear again. But that didn't last. About 20 minutes later the screen would not illuminate with the battery display any longer. It just remained black

I've had this S7 edge since January. I got it brand-new in a factory sealed box and it has never been dropped or exposed to moisture, much less submersed in water. About two weeks ago, the AOD (night-clock mode) began displaying with a gray background instead of a black one. I have a suspicion this may be related to the inoperable display and the bright pink line, but I'm unsure.

I did not get this phone through my cell service carrier or purchase a warranty plan for it. I've read that several people with the pink line issue who received their phones back from Samsung's repair department have experienced a relapse of the problem. I'm thus unsure what my best option may be.

Does anyone have thoughts on my situation?

ZHQ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
All pixels on my S7 edge have been completely dead -a permanently black screen- since I last reported in this thread (on Monday). There has been one exception, however. Two days ago, I saw a bright green line (it was not pink this time) flash onto the right edge of the screen. It happened at the beginning of the power-on process and only lasted for a half of a second or so. I've been using a ScreenBeam Mini2 to see what's happening on this phone (and to power it on and off, etc.) by viewing its screens on my HD television via HDMI. And that's pretty hard to do when you can't see exactly where on the phone's screen you are tapping. I've found that it involves much trial and error.

This serious hardware defect seems quite prevalent among S7 edge owners. I will soon be shipping mine to Samsung for repair or replacement. I have to say, though, that the idea of someone tearing into my phone is less than desirable. But the idea of a replacement unit that's not brand-new doesn't give me the best feeling either, due to the significant possibility that it will have other unresolved issues that haven't been detected, acknowledged, or repaired properly (intermittent problems are the worst for this!). When I pay for an expensive brand-new device, like a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, I expect it to be a brand-new, flaw-free device!