cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Spencerjedi
Asteroid

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My line is continually getting thicker every so often. I wanna fix it, but i dont wanna lose my phone for two weeks and pay money to have something i didnt do fixed!

Highlighted
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello everyone,

If your device has not experienced any physical or liquid damage, we recommend having it set up for evaluation. Please be aware that final determination will come down to the technician that examines your device, whether any repair falls under warranty. Physical or liquid damage is not covered by the manufacturers warranty. We would like to also take this time to make you aware that currently Samsung has placed a hold on out of warranty repairs. 

You may refer to the warranty for this device here: http://bit.ly/2fgXEJO

You may also have your device taken to a local service center in your area for faster assistance. You may find more information for locations on the link provided here: http://bit.ly/1T0nRrB

wonneil
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Lol love the way everyone has the exact same problem and you're still trying to argue that not all of them are covered under warranty! The Note 7 is not karma, karma is still to follow in the next couple of years, I said I would not by another Samsung phone,  in fact after this I will never but another Samsung product!

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I actually saw this happen with my own eyes... Twice.

One of my good friends went out and bought the S7 and it developed the line so I told him to take it back and get another one. Luckily ATT swapped it out with a new one without charging him. Three weeks later and the line started on the other one.

I can 100% confirm that this is a hardware problem and has nothing to due with physical or liquid damage to the device. The line is in the EXACT same spot as everyone else, on the right hand side. Don't let them tell you that it was your fault because its not. 

--~Mistakes are proof you are trying~--   
For repairs or general technical support call: 1-800-726-7864 (1-800-Samsung)

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I wonder if all the pink line issues are from a specific build or model date ?

AlexUk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, Just a heads up with my case.

Bought from Carphonewarehouse in Leeds UK back in March

Developed the same pink line fault, i can only find mentioned on non uk forums.

Took it to Samsung experiece store thinking they would repair it 14/10/16

There is a shortage of spare parts & as i bought it from CPW it then had to be sent to them.

Obviously they couldn't repair it (no parts). A new phone is currently being sent back to store for my collection.

Why on earth the store can't just give me a new one i don't know.

Strangely in the 'What's happening now?' part of the tracker it says....The fault with your device wasn't covered by the manufacturers warranty, but we fixed it for free anyway.

The guy i phoned said it definately not a fix but a NEW phone i'm being sent so i'll just have to wait and see.

22 DAYS SINCE I HANDED IT IN

Thank for listening

Alex

Leeds UK

AlexUk
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My update as promised 

Well 27 days later and I'm in possession of a brand new phone as my original was deemed unrepairable due to lack of parts. So we'll done to CPW but 27 days is not good. If I hadn't had my S6 as back up I would have been gutted. Now always keep my last phone and sell previous. Not everybody can afford that luxury Samsung

Cheers for listening 

MTZ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
"Good work" indeed denying warranty on unclear (not clearly defined at any place) criteria and mark it as solution by your self: ridiculous just same as anything related to Samsung support
MTZ
Cosmic Ray

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@Juanisimo
The previous one is direct reply to post with so named "Solution"
Black Hole

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hey there, @MTZ

Every user experience is different, and without proper examination of the device in question. We cannot determine or speculate on whether a device falls under warranty or has experienced any damage of any kind that may be leading to what you are experiencing.

You may refer to the warranty for this device here: http://bit.ly/2fgXEJO