cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jonesra
Asteroid

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This issue is NOT solved.  Samsung need to either categorically say that this is not a manufacturing flaw (invoking arbitration or law suits if the opt-out was taken per the warranty) or admit that it is indeed a flaw and that they have a workable solution whereby we can replace our  phones where we purchased them and not have to go for weeks without them only to be told that the minor scratch on the case is the problem and the warrant is void. 

Hibud
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My family and I bought four Samsung Galaxy S7s and three of the four have had this issue. When we contacted customer service, they refused to fix one because it had a scratch. They have yet to reply back about the second and yesterday the third started having the same issue. I appreciate you ensuring this phone doesn't explode but this is obviously a problem that should be acknowledged. My experience with this issue really makes me never want to purchase another Samsung product again.

Kevinthatcher20
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This is a horrible God awful solution.  I just went through a total nightmare based on this advice.  Here is why:

1) I have a pink line on my edge, call Verizon and they tell me it's under warranty.  They have me do a physical damage check.  I don't notice anything and they have me send it in.

2) I get a replacement phone.  The new phone is a refurbished.  But then they tell me I have to pay $299 for it because there is a small fracturw on the glass..I never even noticed it.

3) I tell them okay just send me back my old phone.  I had it in an otter box and it still worked I'll live with the line.  they tell me no and I'm stuck with the refurbished and am now down $299.

4)  I complain to supervisors at Verizon....no help.  They tell me it's Samsung.

5) My refurbished phone they sent me, now has the pink line!  I know it's under warranty but their system of ripping people off makes me never want to use the again for warranty work.

Bottom line DON'T HAVE SAMSUNG TAKE your phone!  it's a scam.

Sad thing is I have 2 Galaxy phones, 1 Samsung fridge, and 3 Samsung TVs and about 3 years ago Samsung came out and did good work on the TV, but now since the company appears to be having issues with phones and Galaxy notes exploding and losing money, I think they are doing stuff like this to cut cost.  I won't purchase from Samsung again after this horrible experience.

aronc28
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

WOW, Im having display problems with my gear fit 2 ( seems a lot of others are as well) and decided to check this out. After seeing all these problems and how samsung will refuse to fix issues because of scratches, I will be returning my S7 edge. No way do I want to deal with this problem down the road. Such a shame, I had to deal with 2 note 7s, and spent a lot of my time getting them replaced during the recalls. Goodby samsung I am returning phone to store tomrrow and will not be investing in any other samsung products.

JUMP TO SOLUTION

That's the saddest story I've read so far. Feel terrible for you. 

wonneil
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well my phone has been back at the repair centre for 25 days now as they are still waiting for the screen to come into stock, I was told by them today that if they have it for 28 days and there is still no screen then they contact Samsung to arrange a replacement phone. Although even getting a new phone doesn't sound that great as I'm sure the exact same thing will happen again, will wait and see if my phone magically appears this week... 

Andrew_cuzz
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just noticed the pink line on my phone on the right side of my phone  I don't know what to do please help

Highlighted
Nightmaestro
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This happened after the last software update, spoken to 10 other owners same problem.  Not hardware issue. It goes away sometimes then other times its super bright.   Same line,  same place 10 different users so unless everyone's phone suddenly failed at the same time,  same place?  Just wondering any answers Samsung Support?  

Nightmaestro
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So Juan as a moderator for Samsung you think these hundreds if not thousands of phones all got liquid/physical damage simultaneously overnight is not suspicious at all?   I Mean tout the warranty all you want but not everyone dropped/ broke their phones simultaneously to get the same line,  in the same place thousands of miles apart? I mean seriously? You want us to believe that?  

Nightmaestro
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So Juan as a moderator for Samsung you think these hundreds if not thousands of phones all got liquid/physical damage simultaneously overnight is not suspicious at all?   I Mean tout the warranty all you want but not everyone dropped/ broke their phones simultaneously to get the same line,  in the same place thousands of miles apart? I mean seriously? You want us to believe that?