cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lemons22
Asteroid

S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

A pink line popped up on the screen. It goes from top to bottom in middle. I tried changing theme, wallpaper, setting, and rebooting phone. It don't seem to want to go away but when I send photos or anything else it will appear normal on there screen. Is there anything I can do to fix? Any help will be appreciated, thank you

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Comet

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@cvdw12

This is most likely a sign of the display failing. I recommend contacting the technical support team at 1-800-726-7864 and work with them on getting your phone sent in to see if they can help.

Also you can try taking it back to where you bought it from and see if they can do an exchange on the device since its not that old.

--~Mistakes are proof you are trying~--   
For repairs or general technical support call: 1-800-726-7864 (1-800-Samsung)

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

666 REPLIES 666
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. Please provide us more information about this concern.

Can we get the exact model number and Baseband (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier? This will better allow us and the community to assist you both now and in the future!

Also to avoid repetition, can we get an idea of some of the troubleshooting steps you may have tried, if any?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Lemons22
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Carrier is Verizon 

Lemons22
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for this information! You mentioned that when pictures are sent to others they don't see the pink line. Indeed with the screen shot you sent we don't see it here either. 

In this case it sounds like your screen itself might have a column of pixels that are acting up! We can certainly try some troubleshooting just to check, but this might require a repair. To avoid repetition though, what troubleshooting steps have you already tried, if any?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

cvdw12
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have a pink.line down the right side of my s7 edge.SM-G935F

Comet

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@cvdw12

This is most likely a sign of the display failing. I recommend contacting the technical support team at 1-800-726-7864 and work with them on getting your phone sent in to see if they can help.

Also you can try taking it back to where you bought it from and see if they can do an exchange on the device since its not that old.

--~Mistakes are proof you are trying~--   
For repairs or general technical support call: 1-800-726-7864 (1-800-Samsung)

Be sure to click "✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

floosticky
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue. Called Samsung tech report and they want me to go 10 days without a phone while I mail them mine to fix. REDONKULOUS!!!

swiftrance
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Yep. Their repair centers charge upwards of 500 to replace the screen - their support wouldn't even tell me the price on the phone. I visited a local repair shop and they ant 340 - not bad considering the screen costs 280 alone. Still way too expensive for what this phone is. I think we all learned an expensive, but valuable, lesson. Practicality > gimmicky fragility.
user8yOleAQdUq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I used the oculus glasses for 10 minutes, after all the software downloads, and updates I got the pink line down the screen. Called support, they told me that it was definitely a software issue, said they would call back in an hour, software update did nothing and no response from support. Oculus glasses ruined my Galaxy S7 and I can't get support.