cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
user2mWtIJKl9A
Astronaut

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this problem too. Carrier is Fido and even before asking I know they will not be of help. This has made me loose interest in Samsung and will also discourage my associates who may intend to try Samsung phones. 

shawnmthomas
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I had to give up my OEM s7 edge to address my concern with downtime of Samsung handling it. Now I've been paying OEM pricing still on a refurbished device for months. That's not on Samsung. Neither is this, but I think it's worth saying. I'm on tmobile up whatever program. So now my phone is half paid for and I'm supposed to be able to jump to another model because I've been paying 12+ per month. I'm curious if I'll get smack because it's not the original decide and if they'll do from what I have heard common practice of saying small wear and tear is beyond repair. While I do agree that is all set by the carrier, it was the carrier that facilitated my next day exchange. Then told me it was an OEM decive. I downloaded several apps and they all said no way. My first phone was approved all day. I think the conversation should have been held regardless. Will let you know next month because I'm excited to go either Google or LG

userJBuxHjPcJA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

OK so I have a question...

I have the same pink line down my screen and according to what is above that is a hardware failure.  since the pink line developed I dropped my phone  (the usual 5 inch drop and yes it has a case and a screen protector) and of course it shattered (never cracked a screen before this phone and this is the second time in a year with drops from no height.

So does the pink line problem require a screen replacement?  If so can I kill two birds with one stone? 

userT5Ud9wiH86
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am also facing the same problem , when I press the top right corner it is disappeared.  These days Samsung quality going worst.

EJ916
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Temporary/possinly permanant fix!!

I had the same issue, but with my phone being out of warranty I needed anpther method. Using this method seems to clear it for a couples weeks and than it randomly shows up again. Repeating the procedure clears it. This uses you phones test settings menu. I am not responsible for any settings changed or used from this. 

Type *#0*# into the phone's dial pad, which will prompt you to adjust a number of settings. On that screen, press "red" "green" and "blue" to reset pixel colors. You may have to do this several times.

NOTE: it is 3 SEPERATE color loads. Not pressing all 3 at the same time.. press and load red, clear out. Than blue, etc .. 

user8HTN6CCR9Y
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem in my S7 edge . Serice center representatives claims to replace the screen for Rs. 15030/- (Approx 240$). Any Other solution to solve the problem or Replacing the screen is the last option?

user3iNppZ82sD
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had the same problem on my S7....

This solution worked...

Type *#0*# into the phone's dial pad, which will prompt you to adjust a number of settings. On that screen, press "red" "green" and "blue" to reset pixel colors. You may have to do this several times.

Dengue

userHeFR5Y9ndl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This worked for me!!   S7 Edge about 8 months old. Pink lines gone! Woohoo. I can't remember the user's name, but he/she was in this HUGE thread somewhere.

Try this everyone:

userIYBZo3yYrK
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
the *#0*# solution will only be temporary - the problem will come back.

Please anyone with this manufacturing defect, join up on this open facebook group :

https://www.facebook.com/groups/1898027130464533/

That way we can show samsung this is a wide spread manufacturing defect they should take responsibility for (even without warranties) !
userfXT2nRfvBS
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just had vertical pink line whole lenght of screen searching for solution. Read here pressing gently on top were it SAMSUNG logo near speaker made it instant disappear.