Constellation

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can I do anything else besides sending it to you guys

userOn14dJFrls
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi, i also have the purple line on the screen and it is getting larger everywhere time, now i don't have 1 purple line i have many. 

I already searched for this problem and i saw that the problem is at the top of the screen near the front camera, there is a small flex cable that apears to be bending and damaging the pixels. If you try pressing on the top part of the screen the lines might disapear for a few seconds. Please help Samsung support

My imei is: <Hidden>

My number is: <Hidden>

My e- mail: <Hidden>

My second e-mail: <Hidden>

Please help

userLhecioYncX
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Just woke up this morning and I have the same problem on my Samsung Edge 7. Reboot not working. This is unacceptable for an 800 dollar phone that I have paid for already. Had it for a year and a few days now. Please advise. 

MMLJ2017
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm also having the same issue, and agree, that for the price and age, as well as how prevalent this problem is, there needs to be something more done. I will be following for more info. 

userfS8A4gKuyl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem. Pink/red line in right "edge" of my screen. If I gently press the top ringt corner it disappears...

userfS8A4gKuyl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
userliECG8g0jQ
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
I got the same on my s7 edge. It just came back from an expensive samsung repair to replace the motherboard on a 6 month old phone that turned out ' not to be IP 68. Far from it.
I turned my phone to power saving in settings- battery- max power save. The screen goes to black, no line. Engaged normal settings and line gone, at least for now.
userHeFR5Y9ndl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have a Galaxy S7 Edge about 8 months old. I work in an office cubicle all day and this phone is cared for meticulously. No blemishes, no scratches, no drops, very solid case and screen protector. I just got the pink line about one week ago. Just wanted to add to the thread. I'll keep everyone posted of the warranty adventure I'm about to embark on! I've been on Galaxy since the II model. I've had my share of problems that were tolerable, but this pink line issue should be fully covered even out of warranty because it is very well documented throughout the Web. Simply search "pink lines on Galaxy" to see for yourself. 

One thing for certain is that the board connection or trace is somewhere right under the front camera. Give a light press right under the camera and watch your pink line come and go.

Turning on max battery power saving will make it go away but you will be using a very limited phone. Someone mentioned going to max battery power mode and back to normal to make it go away, but this did not work for me. (in o/s 7.0: Settings\Device Maintenance\Battery)

userE5zZPExNLO
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same problem, I talked to Samsung internaciomal customer service and did not give solution. They minimize the problem as an isolated fact.
I think we should make a general complaint together to solve this problem of all S7.

userRsp8wmLSHU
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just wanted to post here and report this same issue has presented itself on my S7 edge.  I purchased it in March of 2016 and the problem did not appear until over a year later.  My phone has never been dropped or submerged and is in mint condition, but the factory warranty has expired and as a result there is no remedy for this OBVIOUS DEFECT.  I now have to continue making payments on a phone I no longer use, and will not be accepted back in the NEXT program per the AT&T rep who sold it to me.  I purchased an LG G6 and am happy with it, I am done with SAMSUNG unless they make this right.  Every one who has this problem should post here to report it so more people can see the scope of this problem.