Did you mean: 
userhGU5wZjGu8
Constellation

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hi,

My opinion to physical repair the pink vertical lines is:

First I declare 3 truths:

Truth 1: The Mica, touch and screen of the s7 edge are flexible.
Truth 2: The aluminum base where the screen rests is uneven, is not smooth and has viscous cavities as the components rest.
Truth 3: The screen flex has three unprotected or insulated circuit areas very close to the aluminum base.

Now my tip:

When you press the flexible screen with your fingers constantly, that creates friction of the flex that is under the front camera, which is the most exposed of the screen, causing over time to cut the lines, and worse when the user presses With force because it ends by cutting in a single stroke more flex lines in that area of ​​the front camera.

The flex of the panel and the tactile are attached to pressure with glue, I think that when this set is exposed to the heat of the aluminum it heats and softens the glue, and the user when pressing the screen and being this flexible and of passage being irregular the Base where the screen rests end up making fake contacts cause the mentioned faults.

When the user tries to press the screen looking for a solution to their screen problem, it is making everything worse:

1- Break the flex by pressure.
2- It takes the exposed circuits of the screen to make contact with the aluminum and short circuits.
3- Damage other parts by the exposure time of the fault or shorts without finding solution.

What is the solution I propose?

1- Remove the screen.
2- Put insulation tape and heat resistant to the three exposed circuits.
3- Put insulating tape and heat resistant to the flex that is under the front camera to reinforce it.
4- Create a pressure bar, of nonconductive material, paper, Teflon etc, that presses in the union line of the touch and the screen.

Anything else I can say?

I would put on the screen a kind of thin foami that serves as a shock absorber to the screen, I think that at the time of falls, it further damages the impact between the aluminum base and the screen, that the same impact of the mica with the floor .

I hope someone will put it into practice and we can physically solve this error as the team is phenomenal.

a20170607_112748.jpg
a20170607_112839.jpga20170607_112854.jpga20170607_113055.jpg

a20170607_112758.jpg

userFrd9jzB5SY
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@userhGU5wZjGu8 wrote:

Hi,

My opinion to physical repair the pink vertical lines is:

First I declare 3 truths:

Truth 1: The Mica, touch and screen of the s7 edge are flexible.
Truth 2: The aluminum base where the screen rests is uneven, is not smooth and has viscous cavities as the components rest.
Truth 3: The screen flex has three unprotected or insulated circuit areas very close to the aluminum base.

Now my tip:

When you press the flexible screen with your fingers constantly, that creates friction of the flex that is under the front camera, which is the most exposed of the screen, causing over time to cut the lines, and worse when the user presses With force because it ends by cutting in a single stroke more flex lines in that area of ​​the front camera.

The flex of the panel and the tactile are attached to pressure with glue, I think that when this set is exposed to the heat of the aluminum it heats and softens the glue, and the user when pressing the screen and being this flexible and of passage being irregular the Base where the screen rests end up making fake contacts cause the mentioned faults.

When the user tries to press the screen looking for a solution to their screen problem, it is making everything worse:

1- Break the flex by pressure.
2- It takes the exposed circuits of the screen to make contact with the aluminum and short circuits.
3- Damage other parts by the exposure time of the fault or shorts without finding solution.

What is the solution I propose?

1- Remove the screen.
2- Put insulation tape and heat resistant to the three exposed circuits.
3- Put insulating tape and heat resistant to the flex that is under the front camera to reinforce it.
4- Create a pressure bar, of nonconductive material, paper, Teflon etc, that presses in the union line of the touch and the screen.

Anything else I can say?

I would put on the screen a kind of thin foami that serves as a shock absorber to the screen, I think that at the time of falls, it further damages the impact between the aluminum base and the screen, that the same impact of the mica with the floor .

I hope someone will put it into practice and we can physically solve this error as the team is phenomenal.

I work at a cell phone repair shop. We have done a few of these repairs in the past year (it's a very expensive repair so we don't see it often) and we have had to redo them a few times b/c of this pink line issue. We always attributed it to defective parts, and since we're an upstanding company, we'll happily fix any problems we or our parts cause. W/in the past week, I had a lady return due to the pink line, and she showed me that when she pressed on the screen, the line disappeared. This got me thinking it has to be caused by something behind that, which is right by where the flex is. I've been searching the internet for what it could be specifically as I don't know anything about capacitors for the phone or chips on the board or anything like that. Your post is the first I've come across that outlines it well and gives me an idea of how to fix it. In a few days, the customer will come back, and thanks to you I will have somewhere to start in trying to fix it, instead of just blindly replacing the screen only to have the issue crop up again. Even if you're wrong, thank you for the guidance and your explanation. If I remember, I'll post my results. Hopefully this fixes it! You're the best (potentially)!

user0YiHYXgFbj
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
It is a sign of a common defect in this phone model.
userO1vNy5pUbq
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I am having the same issue only my lines have changed from pink to green to bright white to black to thick black and bright white. Progressively getting worse. My phone is only 5 months old so took it to T-Mobl after speaking to their tech on the phone. He agreed that it was likely my display failing as there our other symptims as well. When I got to the store I got a BS run around about my phone having internal damage and they could not do a warranty exchange. I insisted this had been a problem that was progressively getting worse and t

It was not the result of damage. I even pointed out that there is NO external damage to the phone and I can guarantee there is no water damage. They insisted I needed to pay the $175 insurance deductible. I got very upset....and spent 2 hours going around with customer service about this. So finally I decided to call Samsung....they knew exactly what the issue was and told me they could fix it. What I am not OK with is that Samsung would allow a company like T mobile to treat consumers of their product like this. I have always had Samsung phones and have never thought about getting a iPhone....until now.  If Samsung knows this is a issue, why are they not making sure their authorized dealers are informed and ready to help?!

userHeFR5Y9ndl
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Mine is about 10 months old and I have the pink lines. Phone is well cared for. I work in an office environment and the phone is never exposed to heat or harsh conditions. Samsung needs to simply repair all phones that have this issue. It does not matter about scratches or other damage. PERIOD. Fix this known and well documented defect at no cost. We've all paid $700-800 for this device. It's a great phone; don't let this ruin it.

user3Twkx7XGj8
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Hello

2 months ago a pink line popped up on the screen. It goes from top to bottom, 1 centemetre away from the right edge . I tried changing theme, wallpaper, setting, but it's still there. When I send photos or anything else it will appear normal on there screen. Is there anything I can do to fix it? I bought my phone at a best buy shop in Miami and it's still in guarantee. I need to solve this ASAP since I'm from Argentina and I will be in the USA next week. Any help will be appreciated, thank you.

Agustina 

userawAmyt33Kg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,
My Samsung S7 Edge was bought in Canada in Nov. 2016. I've have had the infamous pink line for 2 months now. I currently live in Egypt. The official Samsung service center refused waranty repair saying I have to take it back to Canada. My phone is crystal clean, not even a scratch. It has never been dropped.
I am very disappointed.
Omar 

userZQE22QHJ58
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I just noticed the pink line this morning, took my s7 edge out of its rather bulky case to inspect for damage, but none. After taking it out of the case (otterbox defender) the line disappeared - of course my warranty expired this week. I think it could possibly be heat related? I'm going to leave it un-cased on my desk for a while to test. No drops/damage to the phone. 

userawAmyt33Kg
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Beware, That's how it begins ! The pink line is not heat related.
It goes away, then comes back. Its light even faded a bit at first, then it comes back, get brighter and stays for good.
I contacted Samsung Canada (where I bought mine) and they said I have to bring it back to Canada (i'm currently abroad) and that they would be repair it free of charge if it wasn't broken or damaged by a liquid.
usertZPf3IFvYz
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Press the front camera a little bit hardly it will fix line on screen