cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Constellation

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I applied pressure to several spots near the samsung logo and eventually found the right combination and the line went away, at least for now. We will see what happens.

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Can you please share the combination of pressure points? 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Try typing *#0*# on the dialer. Tap the different colors at top till line disappears. It will work for a few minutes. Press back button to exit.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have it too and after trying the user "fixes", it's gotten to the point that it's mostly not there, but can make the pink line appear with touching the speaker part.  I called and said I had the pink line.  She asked if I already tried the system reset, which I said I did, because I knew that that wasn't the issue - it's a hardware/manufacturer defect.  She said my IMEI manufacturing date was April 2016. I believe I bought the phone end of June (I have to check my receipt).

She didn't ask to send receipt, and said that the phone is under warranty (even though it's not 100% verified) even at the service ticket I received from the email.  I'm not going to argue with that.

Now the concern is that phone is perfect otherwise.  I'm always hesitant with sending it in for repairs since in the past, you don't always get new parts and there's always something else that's wrong with it, could be minor, but could be worse/more annoying than the pink line.  Hopefully, their "engineers" won't just turn on the phone, see that it *currently* doesn't have a pink line then send it back.  Of course the major hassle of using a temp phone and hassle of restoring data, etc.  Also, there's a chance they might say that the phone is actually out of warranty.  I think one user has this scenario.

A user used paper clip to apply permanent pressure at the area....

What should I do? Just wait for class action suit....a few years later?  lol

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

For everyone who's still under warranty-- meaning it's been less than a year since you bought the phone, and there are no obvious signs of physical damage other than the pink line-- just send it in to Samsung or your carrier (if you bought it from them; T-mobile was of no help, YMMV) and get it repaired. Take pictures of your phone and the water-damage indicators (that'd be really tricky) if you're feeling especially distrustful lol

I had Samsung do an in-warranty service for me to fix the pink line. They changed the screen AND the battery. If you file for in-warranty service online, you can upload your receipt.  I think you can still go in and edit your service ticket to upload your receipt. Despite the CSR's reassurance that your phone's under warranty per IMEI lookup, I'd still upload the receipt just to make sure they don't hold my phone hostage with an out-of-warranty repair bill.

Samsung won't send you a loaner phone (though your carrier should, if you go through them), so you'll have to use an old phone or buy a cheap new one, and it would be a hassle, but I think it's worth that ~1 week of inconvenience to fix a problem (which could get even worse-- some people have had their entire display die eventually)  for free. A class-action is probably a pipe dream, and even if it does come to fruition, we'd probably just get a $5 gift cert each. 

If you're worried that you'd get your phone back with new problems, just make sure everything's good once you get it from Samsung and then immediately sell it or trade it in. That's what I did.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

The problem is SERIUS, I started with a thin line, now there are 5 permanent lines. I found on the WEB someone who the lines already covered half the phone (attached photograph published of this phone). We have to do something with samsung. For my part I regularly write on the facebook pages of samsung informing my problem so that people will find out. But I think a legal action between all the injured would make Samsung recognize the manufacturing defect in the Samsung s7 edge.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have been having the same issue. Its 100% manufacturer defect because two of my friends who have the same phone with different phone carriers have the same exact line in the same exact place. I discovered by pressing (pinching) the top part of the phone you can actually make it go away for about a minute LOL. Its a defect and Samsung needs to step up and take charge. For all we know next step is the phone catching on fire like the Samsung Note. My phone is an unlocked Olympic phone so there is no phone carrier attached to it. The fact that two of my friends and myself with different Samsung S7 Edge carriers have the same issue is just proving to me that this is a defect that Samsung MUST ADDRESS PROPERLY. Next step is going to Apple. MAKE IT RIGHT.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@Lemz22 wrote:

A pink line popped up on the screen. It goes from top to bottom in middle. I tried changing theme, wallpaper, setting, and rebooting phone. It don't seem to want to go away but when I send photos or anything else it will appear normal on there screen. Is there anything I can do to fix? Any help will be appreciated, thank you

I have been having the same issue. Its 100% manufacturer defect because two of my friends who have the same phone with different phone carriers have the same exact line in the same exact place. I discovered by pressing (pinching) the top part of the phone you can actually make it go away for about a minute LOL. Its a defect and Samsung needs to step up and take charge. For all we know next step is the phone catching on fire like the Samsung Note. My phone is an unlocked Olympic phone so there is no phone carrier attached to it. The fact that two of my friends and myself with different Samsung S7 Edge carriers have the same issue is just proving to me that this is a defect that Samsung MUST ADDRESS PROPERLY. Next step is going to Apple. MAKE IT RIGHT

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Same problem here. Pressure applied just underneath the front facing camera made the line disappear but would reappear later.

Issue was resolved by a warranty repair. Parts replaced included digitizer, display and front glass assemblies. Phone was away for more than two weeks via Carphone Warehouse. Retailer acknowledged a hardware fault immediately. 

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Solution? What solution? The chosen reply is NOT a valid solution.

Ill add my situation here also.

My 1 year warranty expired June 26th. Had this pink line a week after.
Tried all of the methods, including the pixel fixer and the dialpad method to no avail.

I don't want to try the dryer as it is not a permanent fix, and because I don't want to overheat the components.

Called Samsung service, tried chatting, even went to AT&T. None of them allow the replacement, although they admit the problem because it is out of warranty (in the US- apparently in EU samsung has a 2 year warranty).

So I have a huge lined phone that is 3 weeks? off of warranty.

Shame on you samsung. How can you allow such a big defect through to the sale of a 600+ dollar phone, and admit to the problem but repair only for the people that didn't get cut off by the warranty timeline? (and for people in the US)

I swear the internal engineering department saw this issue coming, but allowed it , reasoning that a portion of the people will get it repaired, but the other portion will have the warranty expire, and won't hurt their bottom profit.

Well guess what- this is the EXACT reason I will avoid your company from now on, and will tell others who are wondering.

What a **bleep**ty way to do business. Good grief.