Constellation

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have pink line down right side! Verizon

userymwB2Ij5hA
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

HI. I have a the s7 edge I bought it for $795 with a warranty on it cash at an at&t store nit evendors 4 months ago. I called samsung and they asked me a couple of questions about my phone. I never dropped it nor does it have a scratch on it. I have the pink maybe purple line going down. It started with just one thin looking hair string going down now I'm up to four lines, I sent it in after talking to a representative of samsung. I sent my phone to get repaired a week ago samsung just sent me an email saying they are sending it back unrepaired!!! I will never ever in my life buy anything samsung after this. Everything I have is samsung from tablets to phone to refrigerator, washer machine and dryer. I am deff spreading the word since I always said good things about samsung, I even have a Samsung flip phone saved in a box for memories. Never AGAIN!!!!

Cathy P
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

My son's Samsung S7 Edge (gray) also has the same problem. Purchased last Aug through Verizon at Target in Portland,  OR.  Mine (gold) was purchased at same time and is fine.

userECzuDS6vqe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Guys, this is supposedly a simple fix, but does not negate the fact that Samsung should have a class action - the phones are not waterproof (my S5 active was anything but, not submerged in water, but still died in mist of ICeland)..

So you need to press up, down, left triangle, circle, square,  sorry, my 1995 gamer cheats wrong..... forum

Its phone pad *#0*# then cycle through the red, green, blue options for a while to reset your pixels. This seems to have worked for 30 minutes.

It doesnt change the fact that Samsung release substandard 5hit products, from their washing machines which explode, to their phones, some of which explode or are poorly engineered to my fridge that always dies as the components are shoddy, you name it.

Their QA is appalling. Low quality engineering and components. 

My Samsung S7 Active (from AT&T) was bought out and I went to TMobile with it, AT&T pathetic bloatware and all (and the usual Samsung Bloatware too)

userECzuDS6vqe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

And the issue is back. It fixes some of the pixels in the pink line, but then it comes back.

It is ongoing this issue, it keeps coming back. The cycling reset thing doesnt work fully it appears - some of the pixels react well to it, others not so much.

userECzuDS6vqe
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Done with Samsung, I tried calling them up, but the research on forums shows they replace with another device with the same engineering defect on the digitizer.

Screw you Samsung, you cant own up to problems and recall unless its a safety issue like your top loader washing machines blowing up or batteries blowing up?

Never again. People would be prepared to go with you if you had any customer service or disaster management chops, but you dont. Not by a long way.
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I don't believe it requires a screen replacement. I think it's something on the motherboard that gets replaced/repaired, but I'm not 100% sure. However, I do know that the repair center's are usually a one stop shop setup, which means they'll have to fix everything on the device and not just one thing. They'll let you know any additional charges if that's the case.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you. If a post stand out to you, perhaps you could give that post a star to show other community members they were able to assist or was relevant to you.

usert6oQEo5bWN
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also have this issue for the past 5 weeks. At first it would come and go but over the past week it has become constant.

Galaxy S7 Edge

SM-G935R4

Baseband: G935R4TYS4APL1

US Cellular

It also seems to be moving further left as time goes on. Currently, as I write this, the line is exactly in line with the Left-most edge of the + mark on the right bottom of this window I am typing in. It also appears to be getting thicker, as in I can now see more than 1 line, it appears to be 2 lines, very thin right next to one another. 

As another poster reported, my battery is dying very very fast now as well. I cannot get to noon without needing to have a charger. It used to last 2 days.

I plan to go to my carrier today to see what can be done. 

I used to be very much a Samsung buyer, but things seem to be going downhill these days, I am sorry to say that I may well no longer be brand loyal.

userBRZPdK5vHq
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Yet another dissatisfied Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge owner here with the pink line down the right side of the screen.  Seems like a fairly large number here having this issue.  Maybe we have a legitimate class action lawsuit...

userT73wCNVLQc
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION
S7 edge pink line down screen
A pink line popped up on the screen. It goes from top to bottom in middle. I tried changing theme, wallpaper, setting, and rebooting phone. It don't seem to want to go away but when I send photos or anything else it will appear normal on there screen. Is there anything I can do to fix? Any help will be appreciated, thank you