cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Astronaut

Re: S7 edge pink line down screen

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Mistakes are proof you are trying is something you tell children when the misspelled a word. Not when a company puts out two phones in one year w major defects. That is just a lack of respect for your customer base.
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Not to YOU customers on this thread, but to SAMSUNG: Is there some reason why SAMSUNG is not willing or able to "fix " this hardware/software issue with this phone??? I am on my 3rd replacement phone and now THIS S7 Edge has developer the exact same symptom.  Ignoring the symptom isn't an option as in my experience with the 1st phone displaying this symptom was that over coming days/weeks, the line replicates across the right side of the display. 

S7 Edge #1 was sent to Samsung for "repair", where display was allegedly replaced.  Pink line reappeared a few days later.  Subsequent replacement replacement/new S7 Edges have come through the service plan that I MUST carry on this device, with its ongoing manufacturer defects.

What say you,  SAMSUNG???

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION
Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

This can not be the display going it was after the last update because same thing is occurring to too many people and if thats the case Samsung should do something about the display and build a better one my husband has the same issue and didn't before the software update. I have at&t and so does he but it's happening across the board with all carriers! Help and tech support is not the answer and update to fix the issue is what needs to happen. 

Highlighted
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I've got a green line down the edge of my screen on the right.  Really bright.  About the thickness of a line drawn by a medium ball point pen.  Took it in to T Mobile and they said it was a common problem and the only solution they know of is to order me a replacement phone for $5.  The phone I will get will be refurbished but it will be new in appearance and function.  T Mobile said they would move all my apps, setting, photos , videos, SD card, etc over to the new phone.  Nice people at T Mobile.  I told them I'd like to wait for the S9 rather than JUMP to the S8 because I did not thing the S8 offered me that much in improvements.  T Mobile said the green line could get worse so they suggested a warranty exchange and that will keep me in this phone while I wait for the S9.

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I also for some odd reason suddenly have a pink line up and down my screen. 1st my 128gb sd card goes out and now this. Please help. I've tried rebooting, changing themes, ughh, idk... please fix asap!

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I'm in the same boat as some of you. I have the same pink line on the right side of my phone. I have a Crack on the bottom of the back screen, so warranty was voided. I only had this phone for two months. I recently sent my phone in to be repaired only because I talked to a SAMSUNG rep that if the pink line was caused by internal issue it would be fixed under warranty...  AND obviously it wasn't covered and I was lied to... first Samsung phone I've gotten and will certainly be the last,between exploding note 7's and defective lcds on the 7 edge, not impressed..

Highlighted
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello,

I have the same problem, but I did try to solve it my self.  I have replaced the screen two times(@ $ 700)  and after a month the pink line come back.

getting frustrated with Samsung.

thank you.

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I suggest deleting this comment. It's a known issue and depending on your location and carrier it will get replaced overnight. You acting on the issue may complicate things. They look for any reason to tell you to piss off. 

Highlighted
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION
@shawnmthomas wrote:

I suggest deleting this comment. It's a known issue and depending on your location and carrier it will get replaced overnight. You acting on the issue may complicate things. They look for any reason to tell you to piss off. 

Samsung does not call it a "known issue" and all of my local TMobiles have refused to replace it telling me that "you did something to it."  Samsung, tells me to take it to my provider.  Been with TMobile (or PowerTel) for 16 years and have plenty of Samsung junk in my house.  I'm thinking once I can afford to replace this, both companies will be out.