Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Ljbryant77
Asteroid

S7 edge volume changes when headphones in

JUMP TO SOLUTION

When headphones are plugged in, the volume randomly increases to the highest setting or decreases to mute. Today, while watching a video, the video stopped and a pop-up appeared asking if I want to "complete action using Google App or S Voice."

Can't seem to find anything on this one. Anyone else having this issue?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Honored Contributor

Re: S7 edge volume changes when headphones in

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using any other headphones? If so, does it do this with those too? If not, can you get a hold of a pair to try briefly? Thanks!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

View solution in original post

76 REPLIES 76
Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Hello and welcome to the Samsung Community. Please provide us more information about the device.

Can we get the exact model number and Baseband (both under Settings>About Device) for your device as well as your carrier? Also, are these the headphones that came with the device? This will better allow us and the community to assist you both now and in the future!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Ljbryant77
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

T-Mobile is the carrier.

Model no. SM-G935T

Baseband version - G935TUVU3APG1

These are the headphones that came with the phone.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Thanks for the information. When did you notice this start? Can you please double check for any pending updates to any of your apps? Also, to avoid any repetition, what trouble shooting steps have you tried already, if any? 

Ljbryant77
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

It's done this since I got the phone in May. Before, the volume would increase on its own, but in the last two weeks or so, it alternates between muting and increasing. 

I took the phone to T-Mobile who said they hadn't heard of this happening. I've checked volume settings, but not sure what else to do. 

The phone is up to date.

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Have you tried using any other headphones? If so, does it do this with those too? If not, can you get a hold of a pair to try briefly? Thanks!

View solution in original post

Ljbryant77
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I tried another set earlier this evening and it seems to be working properly. 

Honored Contributor

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Great! We're glad to hear that everything seems to be working out now. By all means, feel free to update us if something else happens or post on some other threads if you have questions or answers that might help another.

Ljbryant77
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Well, it appears I spoke too soon...

I'm using new headphones and still experiencing the same issues. I listen to music and podcasts pretty often throughout the day, so this is enough of a nuisance for me. 

Am I really the only person experiencing this? 

Redgnome
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Im having audio issues aswell. Im an Ubwr driver and use Pandora thru the uber app with audio aux cable, no mic on the line. Occasionally  i get static noise and its umberable. Some days its problem free and the next day ots all sttatic, as ifthe phine is trying to use its mic during a phone call on speakerphone.