cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
useruWSq0nNTLp
Constellation

Re: S7 edge volume changes when headphones in

JUMP TO SOLUTION

PS. I am not a runner. This happens to me while I am sewing or on the computer. 

useruBjRcFdCGd
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have the same issue and I think it has something to do with sweat getting into it. I run with mine too and this is the second pair that has been ruined due to sweat . 

usercJQicYWmBn
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I have this same issue I am unsure if I can get it repaired still. I live in Canada.

IMEI Number is <Hidden>

Model number SM-G930w8

Provider rogers

Highlighted

JUMP TO SOLUTION

@usercJQicYWmBn If you purchased the phone in the US, we could look into repair options, but would need a US address to ship back to. If you purchased the phone in Canada, I would recommend using this link to find the support team for your area. http://www.samsung.com/visitcountry

TXGalaxyLvher
Asteroid

JUMP TO SOLUTION

Its not just the sound that goes down bu itself, the touch screen starts moving amd tapping stuff by itself too. Only whem headphones in

RGalvanizer
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had a problem with this on my S6 Edge and got it replaced, the problem persisted then I got the S7 edge, it had the exact same problem so I got it replaced and now the replaced one is doing it too. If I'm listening to music outside while it is windy, the volume will go all the way down to zero. When I open up my phone whole this is happening, a blue box will appear around the app that is in the top left corner and that app will continuously open and act as if the screen is being pressed on the too left of the screen. I've had this problem with all four of my Galaxy S edge phones.

AlRay
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I had exactly the same problem with S3 and now S7 including blue box on app shortcut. I's definitely related to headphones/buds use. I use Etymotics buds which sound unbelievable but I suspect it has to do with usage of some buds/phones. I tried my buds in another Galaxy which never had the problem and when I started playing with the bud buttons the same Galaxy volume problem ocured. I cleaned my jack and plug and will see if that solves the problem on my S7. Maybe wireless buds are a good idea a la iPhone. What has Samsung to say about this??? 

Update: Seems to be an incompatibility concern with some buds. I tried factory Samsung buds that came with the S7 and they seem to work fine with full button control - pause, play, vulume up, volume down. Also tried a pair of Etymotics that doesn't have any button controls and they played well for a long while with no volume concerns. Looks like the Etymotics has a slight variation in the ring spacing on the plugs and that may be causing contact fluctuations. Will continue with other buds. Any other input would be helpful.

Update: I've tried numerous buds and it seems that it's a concern with the input jack connection, with differing plugs. Some buds have slightly different spacing and caused this problem repeatedly but not in any predictable or consistent manner. Others never gave any problems. My suggestion is that if the problem happens, reseat the plug into the headphone jack. There is no way to tell if it will happen again but it prevented continuous volume problems. Cleaning the jack and plug with a small needle to remove any dust, and contact spray to maintain better conductivity is a good preventative also. It's not very surprising that this type of small jack with several contacts and functions would cause this type of problem but it is very annoying. It may be a key reason that buds will increasingly become wireless.

useruukFneTZqF
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

So I guess Samsung tech support has no fix for this.....I am having the same issue. Volume goes up, then down, my gym membership app opens up like Im pressing it, and today I could not even shut my phone off after one reset. 

useru6cYtKv7BH
Astronaut

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I get the same problem, so annoying. Time to revert to basic phone basic mp3 player...just too fed up!

userVwc77P6LCP
Constellation

JUMP TO SOLUTION

I got the same problem yesterday. I have a S7 edge and use the earphones that I got with the phone. The sound quality goes bad, static noice, and the volume goes down to 0. The phone keeps tapping/clicking something.